For all who celebrate, best wishes for a happy and healthy new year. We could use one.
This week in Diamond Shavings: There might be trillions of planets made of diamonds. Why some worry about a K-shaped recovery. And a jeweler snubs Kanye West. All below.
Breakup at Tiffany’s: How the LVMH deal fell apart.
– Analysts think the deal may still be saved.
– “Grandmaster” Arnault hopes for compromise.
– LVMH asks for case to be delayed six, seven months.
– Will Arnault be dragged to court?
– Haggling attempt could backfire.
– How will Tiffany fare on its own?
– Why Tiffany “needs a bigger web strategy” (subscription required).
– Fitch downgrades.
– How Hermès fought off LVMH—and thrived.
J.C. Penney, Neiman Marcus poised to exit bankruptcy.
The 24 Karat Club cancels 2021 banquet.
How a Bond girl filmed a diamond ad during a pandemic.
– CinemaBlend fascinated with that ad guy who looks like Ben Affleck.
Dominion Diamond bid accepted, will restart Ekati.
De Beers’ August sales rise to $320 million.
Why Charles & Colvard embraced lab-grown diamonds.
Judge doesn’t dismiss attempt to invalidate lab-grown diamond patents.
Vortic says it’s won “landmark” case against Swatch.
Diamond investment fund was Ponzi scheme, feds say.
New Jersey jeweler charged with trying to rip off customers.
Jeweler DuMouchelle pleads guilty to wire fraud.
How illicit gold thrives in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Jennifer Heebner looks at Sierra Leone’s “diamond divers.”
HB Antwerp hopes to shake up large stone market.
Five blue diamonds found at South African mine.
Gemfields warns of $57 million loss.
Kohl’s cuts 15% of corporate staff.
A “tale of two recessions.”
– Worries over K-shaped recovery grow.
Some jewelers now doing well on Instagram and TikTok.
– Trump administration bans TikTok and SnapChat.
How the pandemic “broke” online shopping.
New Snapchat research may help retailers better understand Gen Z.
Amazon’s new wearable can sense when you’re blue.
– Amazon’s first Luxury Store, Oscar de la Renta, debuts on mobile.
Mikimoto launches perfume.
David Yurman’s fall campaign.
Barbara Jackson named Vibhor’s sales director for central region.
Yoram Dvash elected World Federation of Diamond Bourses president.
President of Surat Diamond Polishers’ Association dies by suicide.
Notorious B.I.G.’s crown sells for almost $600,000 at Sotheby’s.
Kanye West “snubbed by celebrity jeweler.”
Women disgusted by dirt that gathers on Pandora bracelet.
Here are the 2020 CFDA Fashion Award winners.
There might be “trillions of diamond planets.”
Bloomberg News looks at other collectible gems.
From the Blog
From the Podcast
Have a safe and healthy weekend and new year.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Photo: Getty Images)Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine