This week: India’s “underground” lab-grown diamond market. Los Angeles jeweler sued for fraud. And the 86-year-old jeweler who designed Nancy Pelosi’s power brooch. All below.
Oscars 2020: Our top 10 jewelry looks of the night.
– Statement pieces: Still a thing!
Twenty-one jewelers report on January sales.
– Independents end 2019 on an upswing.
Coronavirus hurting gold jewelry sales in China.
– Chow Tai Fook temporarily closes 40 stores.
– Bangkok jewelry show soldiering on with health measures in place.
– Bonhams shelves auction.
– Surat diamond business fears massive loss.
– Could cause 13% import drop at U.S. ports.
– National Jeweler rounds up the bad news.
Good Morning America features segment about a consumer buying an undisclosed lab-grown diamond.
Jim Cramer interviews Signet CEO Gina Drosos (video).
– Why Signet is finally targeting Spanish-speaking customers.
De Grisogono USA files Chapter 7.
Australian fashion jewelry chain put into administration.
Forever 21 takeover plan wins approval.
Mall owner Simon buying high-end rival Taubman.
Kohl’s cuts 250 jobs in restructuring.
Jewelry proves strong for Kering in 2019.
Interview with new head of Pandora digital.
– Jeweller: Pandora admits it got it wrong.
Edahn Golan: Polished prices rose in January.
– De Beers says industry “healthier” going into this year.
– Xinhuanet on the industry’s struggles.
– What the diamond trade can learn from avocados.
Lucara finds another mega-diamond: 549 cts.
Botswana seeks new diamond deal by end of April.
New film highlights Botswana’s diamonds.
Surat’s “underground” market in lab-grown diamonds.
Report: Jatin Mehta’s family may have moved to Montenegro. Mentions Pure Grown and IIa.
Investor sues Jona Rechnitz’s jewelry company for fraud.
Bulgari latest brand to exit Baselworld.
Bonhams’ CEO Matthew Girling to depart, executive chairman taking over.
Uneek Jewelry appoints John Rowlett regional sales VP.
Jaquet Droz appoints Claudio Terjanian as brand manager.
Antique jewelry dealer Lenore Dailey dies.
Jeweler wins fight over snow promotion.
Tiffany & Co. teams up with flower company for Valentine’s Day.
Piers Morgan slams Jane Fonda’s “ethical jewelry.”
– Danielle Max: Shows people don’t know the good the trade does.
Lizzo says jeweler’s piece was delivered piece late and broken (video).
The 86-year-old jeweler who designed Nancy Pelosi’s power brooch.
Couple gives $12,000 diamond to show their love for dairy farmers.
Jeweler helps 89-year-old veteran re-create lost wedding ring.
From the Blog
From the Podcast
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Photo: Getty Images)Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine