This week: Walmart may buy an e-tailer. Amazon may buy a brick-and-mortar store. And Tiffany gets into the wedding-dress business. All below.
Has GIA invented the synthetic diamond “black box”?
– Lab grown production approaches 4.2 million carats.
– Should synthetic diamonds be used in watches?
Diamonds Direct acquires two companies.
Fewer jewelers closed in first quarter, reversing trend.
– U.S. jewelry sales post strong rise in February.
Bebe to shutter all stores.
Recent reports portend big changes for luxury retail.
– American retail: At historic tipping point?
– How retail’s resizing will affect the workforce.
The U.S. economy has become disappointing.
– Albert Robinson: Trump “runs into reality.”
Pawn America goes chapter 11.
Report: Amazon interested in BJ’s Wholesale Club.
Report: Walmart may buy Bonobos.
New reality show coming: America’s Jeweler.
JSA offers $10,000 reward for Georgia thieves.
Former judge reviewing Signet gender policies.
FTC warns influencers about disclosure violations.
Beny Steinmetz Group sues George Soros.
– Soros calls it “frivolous.”
Jewelry company CEO arrested for allegedly forging judge’s signature.
South Carolina jeweler allegedly shot his wife.
Zenith appoints new CEO.
Niall names new CEO.
Gem Diamonds appoints new chairman.
In memoriam: Stephen Stanley.
Remembering Lloyd Jaffe.
Diamond Producers Association bringing “Real is Rare” to India.
– CEO Lieberherr: Diamond market looks strong.
Pandora opens first store in India.
The latest Game of Thrones jewelry.
Badgley Mischka launches fashion jewelry line. ($)
Nike, Apple collaborate on watch.
Tiffany collaborates on wedding dress.
Great films about famous jewelers.
More fine jewelry collections finding public homes.
97-year-old woman still working at jewelry store.
New Zealand newspaper says some couples skipping engagement ring.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn