This week: What do grandparents think of the Apple Watch? Amazon gives its workers a raise (kind of). And a record is set for the world’s longest beaded necklace. All below.
JewelPops has filed for bankruptcy.
Cartier sues Saks Fifth Avenue over flagship boutique.
J.C. Penney appoints new CEO.
– Chief financial officer resigns.
– CFO lands at QVC parent.
De Beers Lightbox brand: Early reviews, and future plans.
– U.S. official warns trade of synthetic threat at KP meeting.
– IGI to promote natural diamonds in India.
– Barron’s on lab-grown diamonds.
NPD: Smartwatches are reviving department store watch sales.
– Citizen producing smartwatches with Fossil Group.
– Apple Watch will be big at holiday, analysts say.
– Will Apple Watch work for grandparents?
Pandora launches new charm line.
Richemont may buy Buccellati, report says.
Folli Follie creditors seek control of company.
Chris Aire pressing “red gold” lawsuit against Hublot.
Amazon paying all its workers a minimum of $15 an hour.
– Could pressure other retailers.
– Also kills bonuses and stock options, and some workers will be paid less.
– A political ploy?
Ross to settle lawsuit over deceptive price tags.
Signet Jewelers’ board is 50 percent female.
Andrew Bone mulling next move after leaving RJC post.
Former Saks Fifth Avenue jewelry buyer Carolyn Kelly dies.
– Hedda Schupak’s obit.
Neiman Marcus names new general merchandise manager for accessories.
Lawyer at center of diamond over-grading scandal has license suspended.
Modi’s New York City, London properties seized.
Bank takes Gitanjali to court.
Illinois jeweler abducted and robbed.
Is 2018 “transition year” for diamond industry?
– Why “banks don’t like diamonds.”
Indian industry concerned about diamond duty hike.
Investor Alliance for Human Rights calls for greater supply chain transparency.
177 ct. diamond found at Diavik.
Blue diamond sells for $14 million at Sotheby’s.
Profile of Vashi, the “rebel jeweler” of London.
Traditional Jewelers changing its name to Hyde Park.
Tiffany to win a 2019 GEM Award.
– Bonaparte, Fisher will be honored by Jewelers for Children.
Viral Facebook post says Kay Jewelers “stole” engagement ring.
Pebble mine owner rebuffs U.S. queries on cost.
Indian woman won’t get custody of 1,000 diamonds found during demolition.
Irish man hospitalized after swallowing stolen ring.
The Nightmare Before Christmas jewelry line.
Tyga shows off his jewelry collection.
Kim Kardashian back to wearing engagement ring after swearing off jewelry.
– Her insurance company is suing bodyguard over robbery.
What happened to The Bachelor jewelry?
– Mystery solved! It will be donated to charity.
Record set for the world’s longest beaded necklace.
WhoWhatWear readers’ favorite jewelry trends.
Robb Report’s most iconic jewelers of the 20th century.
From the Blog
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Image: Getty Images)