This week: Are investors growing wary of Pandora? The 300-year-old pearl for sale. And YouTube’s dirty little diamond secret. All below.
Tiffany sees stronger than expected sales in first quarter.
– Earnings call transcript.
– Bloomberg: It’s “embraced youngsters.”
– Analyst: Sign consumers are returning luxury brands.
Last year was good for diamonds, gold, and especially platinum.
– Paul Zimnisky: Why rough diamond prices are at a 52-week high.
– Avi Krawitz’s state of the industry presentation (video).
Survey casts doubt on “realness” of lab-grown diamonds.
– Physicist grows synthetic diamonds in a day.
Parag Diamonds’ bid for A. Jaffe on hold.
– My thoughts.
– Is Nirav Modi in New York?
– Modi charged with diverting money to family.
– Extradition lawyer is Modi’s “last hope.”
– Modi store in Hawaii closes.
– Modi fallout hits Gemfields.
GIA testing digital grading reports, backed by blockchain.
– GIA also using IBM blockchain verifier.
– Signet joins De Beers blockchain pilot.
Bonhams auction house may be up for sale.
A department store renaissance? Not so much.
Breitling partners with Mr Porter on watch release.
Saks Fifth Avenue opens new Jewelry on 2 concept.
Forevermark unveils new retail concept in China.
Bucherer’s new store gives insight into Tourneau’s direction.
Sears CEO: We’re fighting to stay alive.
Pandora losing confidence of analysts, investors.
Petra wants to raise $178 million to lower debt.
Albert Robinson: De Beers–Botswana talks will be “tough.”
Israeli bank merger halted as both are players in diamond industry.
New York jewelry company sues Orlando, Fla., jeweler over alleged nonpayment.
Baselworld managing director steps down.
J.C. Penney CEO Marvin Ellison goes to Lowe’s.
Ulysse Nardin Americas appoints Hotier president.
Three former Gregg Ruth employees join Beverley K.
Phillips appoints Eva Violante to New York jewelry department.
Longtime Nevada jeweler Theodore Blohm dies.
Robert Mugabe skips diamond hearing, as 9 a.m. is “early.”
Man breaks into jewelry store, cuts himself, and bleeds a lot.
There’s a 300-year-old pearl up for auction.
Royal wedding jewelry rundown.
– Markle has already helped gold sales.
– One of Harry’s ex-girlfriends owns a jewelry company.
Mindy Kaling annoyed when reporter asks how she knows about diamonds.
Bucherer creates diamond-covered Harley.
Cartier re-creates Ocean’s 8 necklace.
YouTubers hide soft-core porn behind fake diamond ads.
From the Blog
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Image: Getty Images)Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine