This week: Did the Navy steal a jeweler’s trademark? The “secret” Pandora charm. And Kim Kardashian hops off the jewelry train. All below.
Holiday Hangover: The Good…
– Holiday jewelry sales grew 5.9 percent.
– National Jeweler sees strong finish.
– Centurion says Christmas was merry.
– J.C. Penney sees rising comps.
And the Not So Good
– These retailers may file for bankruptcy.
– Macy’s predicts new round of store closings.
– Sears to close 103 stores.
– Why is no one addressing the problems at retail?
Roll call of 2017’s departing jewelers.
Alex and Ani president, CFO resign.
– Old Alex and Ani CEO wants to be Rhode Island governor.
Minimum wage increases in 18 states and 19 cities.
Ivanka Trump jewelry line caught up in money laundering?
The “secret” Pandora charm.
Internet debates $25 engagement ring.
Alrosa latest to consider blockchain.
European Union will take over Kimberley Process.
Diamond exports resume from Central African Republic.
Zimbabwe minister to be questioned over missing diamond money.
De Beers prepares to close Snap Lake mine.
UAE jewelers absorb VAT on diamond jewelry.
Bonhams promotes Jean Ghika to global jewelry role.
IDCA elects Nilesh Sheth president.
Neiman Marcus gets new CEO.
Cornelis Hollander dies.
Did U.S. Navy steal jeweler’s trademark?
Jeweler doesn’t have to pay out on snow promotion.
Inside Israel’s diamond-selling boiler rooms.
Remembering Colorado’s 1872 diamond hoax.
Cash-strapped Venezuela tries to pay for medication with diamonds.
The memorial diamond industry is doing well in the United Kingdom.
Billionaire sues to get engagement ring back.
Thieves steal jewelry from Italian palace.
– Jewelry also stolen from show in Venice.
Jewelry designer makes “sex earrings” a staple.
Somebody covered a vodka bottle in gold and diamonds, and then another person stole it.
Some people very excited about Paris Hilton’s engagement ring.
Kim Kardashian’s home is jewelry-free.
– Khloe still on board jewelry train.
From the Blog
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Image: Getty Images)