This week: More Pandora skeptics. Wife of slain Texas jeweler stands by accused son. Is Instagram creating even worse bridezillas? All below.
KGK Group buys majority stake in Unique Settings.
Mixed bag at Signet: Zales and James Allen hot, Jared and Kay not.
– JCK talks to Signet president Seb Hobbs.
De Beers Drops a Lightbomb
– My thoughts: A Machiavellian masterstroke?
– Price fall “inevitable,” executives say.
– Audience in Vegas “skeptical.”
Richemont buys preowned watch retailer Watchfinder.
– Richemont becoming a “luxury Internet powerhouse.”
– Names fashion and accessories brand director.
Rue La La buys longtime rival Gilt Groupe.
Chapter 11 trustee appointed for A. Jaffe, Firestar.
– Nirav Modi now believed to be in United Kingdom.
Analyst: Pandora’s management has “lost its grip.”
J.C. Penney downgraded as doubts grow.
– Robin Report: What’s next for Penney?
Reed Krakoff talks about plans to revitalize Tiffany.
– Business of Fashion interviews Tiffany CEO.
Wife of murdered Austin jeweler standing by son.
– A couple’s engagement ring is stuck in the store.
Kate Spade’s legacy.
– Is the fashion industry “evil”?
Leslie Hindman Auctioneers appoints Thomas Galbraith CEO.
Sissy’s Log Cabin names Lamar McCubbin president.
Head of Asian Institute of Gemological Sciences steps down.
Steffan Aletti, past head of the Jewelry Information Center, dies.
Jewelry chain rapped for allegedly claiming to be older than it is.
Embee Diamonds loses property eviction case.
R.F. Moeller buys building where it does business.
Diamonds Direct looking at relocating in Jacksonville, Fla.
Van Cleef brings pop-up jewelry store to New York.
Brothers start jewelry store in father’s memory.
Smartwatches are now the dominant wearable, study says.
– Apple Watch now able to detect Parkinson’s symptoms.
Diamond Producers Association to amplify female self-purchasing message.
Angolan government begins charm offensive to promote country’s diamonds.
South Africa’s DIY miners emerge from the shadows.
Why Ocean’s 8 wouldn’t actually work.
– Necklace’s backstory.
– History of the prop.
Diamond-encrusted Hermès bag could break records.
Alicia Silverstone talks about American Woman jewelry.
Honest 6-year-old returns diamond ring.
Is Instagram making bridezillas worse?
Lifehacker on choosing a diamond-free engagement ring.
From the Blog
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Image: Getty Images)