This week … Ben Bridge sidewalk ads raise a mini-ruckus … a pink diamond “push present” for Kate? … and some very strange watches … All below ….
Burmese ruby, jade ban extended.
Online sales tax may not pass House.
– Board chair (again) rebukes Ackman.
– Suggested new chairman has called board “incompetent.”
– Gets new marketing head.
– Core customer may be coming back.
– Analyst: Only “a couple of quarters left.”
Fred Meyer Jewelers gets new VP.
Helzberg sales rose 20 percent in 2012, report says.
Charles & Colvard sees sales rise, but posts loss.
– Names new CFO.
Antwerp kidnapping may have been faked.
What’s with all the jewel heists in France?
– Lloyds of London offers $1 million reward in jewel heist.’
– The “hunt for the Pink Panthers.”
Indian diamond jeweler turns alleged smuggler.
A new way to track diamonds?
Avi Krawitz on India’s mood.
Rough market “moody.”
– Edahn Golan: Polished prices sliding—but rough isn’t.
BBC looks at how Botswana’s been effected by De Beers move. (Video)
– Who from De Beers is moving to Botswana—and who isn’t?
DMIA hails end of De Beers antitrust settlement.
Jewelers ranked on “Digital IQ” survey.
SAC Capital takes “passive stake” in Blue Nile.
“Mysterious” smartwatch maker raises $1 million on Indiegogo.
Italian jeweler may pursue claims against founder’s grandson.
Marvel (the comics people) claims jeweler violated agreement.
Michigan jeweler pleads guilty to filing false tax returns.
California jeweler Donald Elmore dies.
Some people complaining about Ben Bridge sidewalk ads.
British ban keeps Kelly Clarkson from collecting Jane Austen’s ring.
The royal couple like animal jewelry from African jeweler.
– A pink diamond push present?
New Jersey-themed jewelry.
Former Bachelorette debuts jewelry line.
Ke$ha’s jewelry “is what you’d expect: Weird.”
– Male organ-shaped jewelry sells out.
The Daily Mail has oddball watches.
Diamonds could help with lasers.
– The “tiny diamond thermometer.”
– Bloomberg View on conflict diamonds and minerals.
– Huffington Post reprints out-of-date—and largely cut and pasted from 30-year-old article—“diamonds are BS” post. Still, got 800 comments!
– Mystery author to reveal “whole truth” about the diamond business.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine