This week: “Mixed reality” shopping. Did femme fatales swindle jeweler? And the real story of Lady Di’s ring. All below.
Movado to pay more than $100 million for MVMT.
Tiffany is redesigning its Fifth Avenue flagship.
– How Tiffany could be victim of trade war with China.
– Stock near all-time high.
Phyllis Bergman to exit Mercury Ring after 32 years.
Tourneau parent buys four-store Baron & Leeds.
– Interview with head of Bucherer.
De Beers’ Lightbox brand may be more disruptive than you think.
– Andrea Hill looks at lab-growns.
– Times of Israel columnist: They’ll be like “Tudor to Rolex.”
Parcel of undisclosed synthetic melee contains one natural stone.
– Is trade blind to threat of “diamond swapping”?
Is diamond production running out?
– Gem Diamonds has never found so many big gems.
Albert Robinson: Will the U.S. dollar be replaced as diamond industry currency?
Consumer spending stays healthy, but for how long?
– The fastest-growing retailers in the United States.
Gump’s files for Chapter 11, faces possible closure.
– Store ”lost track of customer tastes.”
Walmart delivers best growth in a decade.
– Shows it can compete with Amazon.
– Brick-and-mortar provides the edge.
Macy’s has strong earnings, middling sales.
J.C. Penney’s results are “dreadful.”
– Stock plunges below $2.
How political leanings affect preferences for luxury brands.
– Jewelry brands risk reputation by working with “wrong celebrities.”
Wayfair unveils “mixed reality” shopping.
Monique Lhuillier designs new collection for Helzberg.
Robbins Brothers also offering a “Will You” ring.
How immigrant jewelers in San Diego are helping others succeed.
Texas jeweler worries about trade war.
Shelley’s Jewelry in Hendersonville, N.C., to shutter.
Diamond dealer/Ivanka Trump business partner Moshe Lax sued for fraud.
Son of murdered jeweler indicted on capital murder charge.
Celebrity jeweler claims he was swindled by femmes fatales.
Bookkeeper sentenced in swindling of jeweler.
South African diamond dealer awaits court verdict.
Victor mine celebrates “bittersweet” 10th anniversary.
– De Beers Canada CEO wants new relationship with indigenous peoples.
– Settles with local builder.
Myanmar unveils new jade and gemstone policy.
The search for Oregon sunstones.
Lab-grown diamond maker offers to make glass for U.S. Army laser weapons.
De Beers platform Tracr appoints new general manager.
Craig Danforth to leave GIA.
Hearts On Fire promotes three to vice president.
Portland Jewelry Symposium announces program and speaker lineup.
Jewelry brand makes necklace out of concentration camp numbers.
Why Princess Diana’s ring was so controversial.
Priyanka Chopra reveals engagement ring from Nick Jonas.
New initiative: World Diamond Day.
Ant stealing diamond video wins hearts of millions.
Financial Times profiles Leanne Kemp of Everledger.
Los Angeles Times profiles Neil Lane.
CNN profiles Fabergé.
Billboard‘s 20 best songs about diamonds.
From the Blog
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Image: Getty Images)