This week: Dubai gets close to financial watchdog gray list. Leviev family sues “Tinder Swindler.” Does the Diamond District need more women? All below.
Russia, Russia, Russia
– Should the industry still sell Russian goods?
– Industry watches and waits
– Ukraine crisis “leaves industry vulnerable”
– Will it pull the industry apart?
– Alrosa curbs involvement in two industry groups
– Transaction freeze by Indian banks may hit rough diamond imports
– Production stops in Surat
– GJEPC: Indian industry is “not impacted”
– Surat traders fear job losses
– Alrosa profit soars as focus turns to sanctions
– Wealthy Russians snapping up jewelry
– Jewelers of America says: Don’t buy
– Jewelry retailer calls for boycott
– Jewelers unite to help Ukraine
De Beers CEO sees strong demand continuing
– Sentiment softens despite price increase
– Has the predicted supply squeeze arrived?
Doug Hucker steps down as AGTA CEO after 24 years
Gold price soars over $1,940
Cartier sues Tiffany in trade secret case
Indiana jewelry store owner pleads guilty to theft
Sarine claims “cottage industry” in India copies its tech
Complaints grow in Korea about online fakes
United Arab Emirates seems headed for global watchdog’s gray list over dirty money
Angola on track to become second largest diamond producer
Zimbabwe’s diamonds bring wealth for a few, despair for many
The Leviev family sues “Tinder Swindler”
Can Rolex distinguish between new customers and “flippers”?
Rolex, Patek Philippe, Cartier outperform other assets at auction
Jeweler wants to recruit women to New York City’s Diamond District
Jeweller covers lab-grown diamond “misconceptions”
– Refinery29 on lab-grown diamonds
Early subscription box pioneers “move beyond the model”
Roberto Martinez, jewelry company founder, dies
Twenty-four hours with jeweler Stephanie Gottlieb
2022 SAG Awards: Our favorite jewelry
– Town and Country picks best jewelry from SAG Awards
Lawsuit accuses Kristin Cavallari of “ripping off famed jeweler”
Michael Caine’s Rolex sells for $133,000
Scientists discover easier way to make “flexible diamonds”
New Jersey couple finds pearl in clam soup
Crater of Diamonds celebrates 50 years as Arkansas park
Thanks for the review, Buried Under Books!
From JCK Pro (Subscription)
From the Blog
From the Podcast
Have a safe and healthy weekend.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Photo: Getty Images)
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine