This week in Diamond Shavings: Retail workers are saying, “Take this job and you-know-what.” Was Prime Day a success or a flop? And Tiffany may actually be serious about this yellow thing. All below.
WD loses patent fight against Fenix Diamonds.
– Launches traceable lab-grown brand.
Pandora going “all in” on new lab-grown diamond brand.
The story on the 6 ct. lab-grown fraud.
GIA sees record submissions, output.
U.S. jewelry, watch sales bounce back from the pandemic.
– The New York Times/Victoria Gomelsky on where the watch business is going.
How jewelers managed the crisis.
Equity Diamond Brokers merges with Aneri Jewels.
Kay-Zales differentiation strategy is paying dividends for Signet.
De Beers taking ownership of its legacy.
Louis Vuitton owner LVMH believes the future of retail will be mostly in-store.
Tiffany and Co. seems to be committing to this yellow color scheme thing.
– Will it “make or break” the company?
Where Victoria’s Secret’s rebranding goes wrong.
Baselworld is returning in 2022.
CNN: Amazon Prime broke sales records.
– CNBC: More “muted than usual.”
– Why you should cancel Amazon Prime.
– Supply-chain crisis overwhelms Amazon Prime sellers.
Retail workers are quitting at a record rate.
Sotheby’s to accept cryptocurrency for 101 ct. diamond.
Can NFTs work for jewelry?
Banks boost credit to Indian trade.
Lucara receives new funding.
– Mine’s bigger! Another 1,000-plus ct. diamond found in Botswana.
CBG’s Estelle Hedaya among those missing in Miami building collapse.
Charles Garnier head, OroAmerica founder Guy Benhamou dies.
Fana hires Sabrina Sigg as vice president of sales.
Anton Siluanov reelected as chairman of Alrosa supervisory board.
Did Mehul Choksi use his money to get VIP treatment?
– Is mystery woman part of Choski’s plan?
– Antiguan prime minister says no “conclusive evidence” of abduction.
– Time in Caribbean may not be so pleasant.
– Court denies request for a private doctor.
– Complaint filed against Choksi’s lawyer.
– Video on Choksi’s rise and fall.
Has recycled gold become “eco theater”?
Mined versus lab-grown “grayer area than you might think.”
Why the trade needs to amplify its environmental message.
Russia says it can create a Kimberley Process database.
Are there diamonds in the ocean?
Gemstones found in South Africa turn out to be quartz.
Did engagement ring cause Princess Diana’s car crash?
What celebrities got the most expensive engagement rings?
From the Blog
From the Podcast
Have a safe and healthy weekend.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Photo: Getty Images)
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine