This week: Is jeweler’s going-out-of-business sale for real? The watch that helps you park your car. The Grammy-nominated singer with jeweler parents. All below.
Overall holiday sales looking good.
– Deep discounts helping.
– Big retailers holding last-minute sales.
– Day-after-Christmas shopping may be up.
– Online sales beating projections.
17 percent of shoppers bought jewelry, says NRF.
– Jewelry getting many mentions on social media.
JCK’s annual holiday jewelry commercial roundup.
Pandora, Bethany Moto top 2014’s most-Googled list.
Class-action lawsuit over grading coming soon.
– EGL International is not going away quietly.
New Jersey finds 10,000 violations in latest cash-for-gold sweep.
California jeweler being investigated over military sales.
Houston TV station says going-out-of-business sale a little bogus.
David Yurman awarded $2 million in infringement settlement.
Three plead guilty to kidnapping of jeweler.
– Victim identified in Minnesota rest stop robbery.
Did Pentagon send Afghan jewelers for gem training session?
Johnson Matthey sells refining business.
Birks Group receives new loan.
James Allen secures $25 million from Israel Growth Partners.
TAG Heuer seeking partners, acquistions for smartwatch.
– Three it should look at.
Why Apple may be able to charge $5,000 for its watch.
Writer loves her smartwatch.
– A smartwatch can park your BMW.
Computer-infused pearl holds your memories.
Yelp introduces app for business owners.
More jewelers buying direct from miners.
Bank pullouts threaten smaller diamond companies, analyst says.
– Bankers want diamond trade to be more corporate, transparent.
Russia, India engage in diamond diplomacy.
– Is new deal a game changer?
– Avi Krawitz: What we learned at latest conference.
DNA India is suspicious of the diamond numbers.
Sightholders reject goods at De Beers sight.
World Diamond Council, dissidents resolve feud.
Belgium lifts ban on Ivory Coast diamonds.
Angola may set diamond export record.
– E.U., U.S. happy with Angolan KP chairmanship.
– Video shows Angolan miners being beaten.
Japan diamond business still struggling.
Cartier raises prices in Russia.
Strange Russian rock contains 30,000 diamonds.
Mervis Diamond Importers bedazzles the Apple Watch.
The Helvetica watch.
Elvis Presley’s Omega Watch sells for $37,500.
North West gets diamond tiara.
Grammy nominee Meghan Trainor’s parents are jewelers,
Cops waiting for stolen diamond to, um, pass.
Gold tooth shows up in Salvation Army bucket.
Jewelry designed to fight technological distractions.
Fake food jewelry.
Man’s wife wants jewelry for Christmas, he fakes her out.
The Federalist writes in defense of diamonds.
Daily Finance is against them.
Sofia Vergara is a really big fan.
Refinery 29 says engagement rings used to “virginity insurance.”
MoneyTalksNews on sneaky jeweler tricks.
Worldfolio likes Angola’s diamonds.
The Guardian panelists think Botswana diamonds model is instructive.
From the blog:
Have a great weekend and holiday!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Connect on Facebook and Linkedin.
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.