We wish all who celebrate a happy and healthy new year.
This week: India overtakes U.S. as jewelry market. Jeweler accused of setting fire to rival’s store. Why Amazon looks shaky. All below.
Signet to open first James Allen is concept store.
– Earning call transcript.
– Stock up 20 percent.
Tiffany flagship makeover will be a revolution, CEO says.
– Earnings call transcript.
Edahn Golan: The U.S. jewelry market is smaller than you think.
– India to surpass U.S. in 2018 jewelry sales.
Auction house Bonhams purchased by private equity firm.
This is Pantone’s spring 2019 Fashion Color Report.
Time running out for De Beers to make deal with Botswana.
Is De Beers’ Lightbox brand priced too low?
– Israel bourse bans two for swapping synthetics.
Meet Markette Six: a pre-owned jewelry platform founded by two former Apple execs.
Spence Diamonds poised for expansion.
Doug Stephens: “The end of Amazon.”
– How Amazon has breathed new life into retailers.
– Nine brands come together in Brooklyn retail shop.
Bon Ton is “ready for a comeback.”
Indian industry has financing trouble after twin scandals.
– Union Bank of India pulls out of Belgium.
Lenders file insolvency case against Shrenuj.
Examiner ties Modi firms to fraud.
– Former Firestar execs get temporary reprieve.
– Will Modi follow uncle Choksi?
– Choksi opposes “red corner notice.”
– Interpol notice issued against Mihir Bhansali.
– Samuels wants to seal Chapter 11 bonuses.
Bank officials flouted rules in Winsome case, India charges.
Brexit concerns weigh on U.K. jewelers.
U.K. jewelry body eyes role as trade police.
Andrea Hill: The challenge of creating responsible jewelry.
– Pandora takes top spot in responsible sourcing survey.
Today’s counterfeits almost identical to real thing.
DPA chief marketing officer Marquardt leaves group.
Van Cleef & Arpels Americas appoints new CEO.
New Alrosa 11 carat gem is deep purple (and pink).
Gem Diamonds finds success with big diamonds.
TAG Heuer releases $180,000 smartwatch, world’s most expensive.
– Watch collectors apparently hate Hublot.
The latest Apple Watch 4 specs.
– LAGOS debuts fine jewelry straps for the Apple Watch,
– Most Apple Watch consumers want older models.
Now eBay authenticating watches.
Cartier, Net-a-Porter extend partnership.
Helzberg sues over “I Am Loved” slogan.
Judge orders woman to return $40,000 engagement ring to fiancé.
Jeweler accused of setting fire to rival’s store.
Mass. jeweler stirs controversy with “take a knee” billboard.
– Receives death threat.
Minn. jeweler Jeff Johnson dies of cancer.
Belair Time co-founder dies at 101.
Charlotte, N.C., jeweler sentenced for fraud.
Robbers arrested in gang that targeted jewelers.
Hatton Garden robbery victims feel new film glorifies theft.
Drew Brees hit with bombshell in jewelry war.
The mystery of the diamonds lost in SwissAir flight 111.
Young Indian diamantaires into gambling.
Marie Claire writer designs engagement ring behind boyfriend’s back.
Bloomberg goes inside Tiffany’s VIP suite.
Bloomberg video on the “real reason” we buy diamonds.
From the Blog
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Image: Getty Images)