This week: Why Sears didn’t make it. New lawsuit targets Nirav Modi. And how a diamond dealer fooled the Nazis. All below.
Sears planning bankruptcy filling, reports say
– CEO Lampert mulls bid for assets.
– Lenders push to liquidate.
– Retailer’s end will cause some winners, many more losers.
– Which retailers will benefit.
– Why Sears failed: Never made capital expenditures.
– Also: “Poor customer service, empty shelves.”
– Also: “Never reinvented itself.”
– Five more things Sears did wrong.
Examiner appointed in Samuels Jewelers bankruptcy.
Pandora’s shares jumps after report it’s hired advisor for buyouts.
Hublot, Chris Aire settle “red gold” lawsuit.
Saks fires back, claims right to eject Cartier.
Tests find cadmium in chain store jewelry.
Should industry fear Amazon’s (possible) jewelry line?
Jewelers of America launches consumer marketing campaign.
– Pittsburgh’s jewelers worry about their future.
Andrea Hill: The jewelry industry looks at supply-chain traceability.
Report: Alex and Ani closes U.K. operation.
Kay Jewelers opens investigation into return polices after accusation.
– Albert Robinson: Shows power of social media.
Corum to leave Baselworld, but LVMH is still on board.
– Interview with Jean-Claude Biver.
LVMH’s watch, jewelry sales climb.
– Results show Chinese luxury demand is strong.
– Earnings call transcript.
LVMH offers “backstage” view of operations.
CIBJO won’t conform to FTC diamond rule change.
– The National interviews CEO of Diamond Producers Association.
WDC president Stephane Fischler on the state of the industry.
Canadian man sues Nirav Modi over diamond deal.
– Court says Modi didn’t follow export norms.
Passenger smuggles 153 cts. of diamonds on Armenia flight.
Authorities seek suspect in jeweler grab-and-runs.
Christopher Designs names Ann Kim West Coast VP.
Charming Charlie makes exec appointments.
Vera Wang and Chow Tai Fook partner on bridal jewelry collection.
Five memorable jewelry looks from the 2018 American Music Awards.
The meaning of Meghan Markle’s ring.
GIA discovers new mineral, crowningshieldite.
Treasure hunters challenge FBI over search for legendary gold.
How a diamond merchant fooled Nazis during World War II.
Scorned lovers sell gifts from cheating exes.
The Frisky on “the diamond myth” (latest Epstein rewrite).
Washington Post has “breakfast at Tiffany.”
From the Blog
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Image: Getty Images)