Diamonds / Industry

Mountain Province Diamonds CEO Steps Down


Stuart Brown (pictured), president and CEO of Mountain Province Diamonds for the last three years, is leaving those roles. The departure is a “mutual decision” between Brown and Mountain Province Diamonds, the company said.

Brown will be replaced on an interim basis by Jonathan Comerford, who has been the company’s chairman since April 2006 and a director since September 2001. This is his second time as Mountain Province’s interim president and CEO: He also held the role from May 2018 to July 2018, before Brown came on board.

The company said it has begun looking for a full-time replacement for Brown and hopes to make an announcement shortly.

Mountain Province owns 49% of the Gahcho Kué diamond mine located in Canada’s Northwest Territories. The other 51% is owned by De Beers Canada.

Prior to coming to Mountain Province, Brown worked for De Beers for two decades, eventually becoming its chief financial officer and its interim co-CEO, along with current CEO Bruce Cleaver.

(Photo courtesy of Mountain Province Diamonds)

Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine

By: Rob Bates

Log Out

Are you sure you want to log out?

CancelLog out