This week: Will De Beers’ parent merge? More arguments about synthetics. And do class rings have a future? All below.
The price of platinum sinks to a 14-year low.
Jewelry company behind class action targeting Wells Fargo.
Signet has moved all its credit out of house.
Malls are the emptiest they have been in six years.
Five big myths and misunderstandings about e-commerce.
Study finds most consumers want human interaction.
How a small engagement ring retailer improved its SEO.
Amazon’s Prime Day will be 36 hours long this year.
Wall Street worries about possible “recession signal.”
– Buybacks: “The mother of all credit bubbles”?
Fashionista on the future of class rings.
Apple Watch creates luxury smartwatch boom.
Rothschild looks for investor for Greek brand Folli Follie.
Meghan Markle’s endorsement “mixed blessing” for Birks.
– Mayors sale saves Birks from a loss.
Lorenz Bäumer and Baccarat team up for jewelry line.
– Mary J. Blige and Simone I. Smith launch jewelry line.
Martin Rapaport on De Beers’ synthetic move.
– India’s Diamond World weighs in.
– Penepole Cruz launches “sustainable” lab-grown line with Swarovski.
– Rapaport calls her out on it.
De Beers parent Anglo American may be bought.
Albert Robinson: Alrosa head brings “dynamic new approach.”
Charles Wyndham doesn’t like either Rapaport or De Beers.
Israel urges India to reduce diamond tax.
World Diamond Congress moves to Mumbai, India.
The story of Hector Rivera, 47th Street “godfather.”
– “Jewish Spider-Man” climbs 47th Street building.
Interpol issues Red Notice against Nirav Modi.
– India seeks arrest of Winsome chief.
– Court orders non-bailable warrants against Mehul Choksi.
Wife of slain Austin, Texas, jeweler talks to investigators.
Fake jewelry scheme hits western Massachusetts.
Customs seizes bogus Super Bowl rings.
Can small-scale gold mines be mercury free?
Ross-Simons owner appoints Evan Berkley to its board.
Shinola celebrates an American icon.
Venus Williams spends prize money on jewelry.
Implanting diamonds with flaws offers key to quantum communications.
From the Blog
Have a nice weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Image: Getty Images)