This week in Diamond Shavings: The rise of “emotional spending.” How COVID-19 changed love. Is it safe to implant a diamond in your forehead? All below.
Pioneering designer Jose Hess dies.
Diamond industry ends year on upbeat note.
– Bain/AWDC report.
– Diamond prices “regain their sparkle.”
– Paul Zimnisky: Consumer spending on diamonds exceeded expectations.
– Downsized wedding leads to bigger diamonds.
– Will lack of stimulus hurt retailers on Valentine’s Day?
How retailers are getting their employees vaccinated.
U.S. puts sanctions on three Burmese ruby sellers.
– The gem industry speaks out on recent events.
Sapphire comes out on top in gemstone survey.
In first, e-commerce in China accounts for more than 50% of sales.
– The rise of “emotional spending.”
It takes some people eight months—and 36 clues—to propose.
– Pandora looks at how COVID-19 changed love.
LVMH, Rihanna pause their joint venture.
– LVMH wants Tiffany employees to go to the office.
Ekati mine set to open under new owner.
HourUniverse, the renamed Baselworld, to happen this summer.
– Will we have trade shows this year?
Watch brands move away from celebrity ambassadors.
Digital execs join Signet’s board.
– Interview with CEO Gina Drosos.
Cos Altobelli retires after lifetime in jewelry.
Georgia jeweler Bill Rosenfeld dies at 77.
Alaska’s U.S. attorney seems to be probing Pebble Mine.
Petra Diamonds hit with fresh allegations of abuse.
Alluvial diamond miners look for way to save their industry.
Alrosa donates vaccines to Angola, Zimbabwe.
GIA offering fellowships and scholarships.
Profile of Eterneva, ashes-to-diamonds company.
Anger at Marvel for anti-Semitic tropes involving jewelry in comic.
Is rapper’s pink diamond implant safe?
Schitt’s Creek star in Mejuri jewelry ad.
Jeweler creates candy-inspired engagement ring.
Engagement rings are not legit business expenses, accountancy warns.
McCarran Airport warns travelers to hold on to their engagement rings.
JCK launches new subscription service: JCK Pro.
From the Blog
From the Podcast
Have a safe and healthy weekend.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Photo: Getty Images)Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine