This week: A new California gold rush. Who sparked the “ring selfie” craze? The world’s most disgusting diamond fact. All below.
Pandora signs deal with Disney, nixes deal with Hannoush.
David Yurman veterans join Scott Kay.
King’s Jewelry taken over by founding family.
Diamond Dealers Club’s Martin Hochbaum retires.
Tanzanite Foundation shutting down.
Standard Chartered keeping clients despite Martin exit.
Jewelry sales have risen for over two years.
– Gold jewelry sales rise in U.S., but not rest of world.
Slowing retail sales increase economy fears.
J.C. Penney sales up, particularly for jewelry.
– Investors spooked by profit warning, CEO surgery.
– Department stores show staying power.
Everything you need to know about millennial consumers.
Bloomberg says China hurting diamond prices.
Why Blue Nile seems stuck.
Company promises $95 “luxury” watches.
Changing watch tastes over the last 20 years.
Smartwatches could monitor for Parkisons.
– Smartwatch fatigue sets in?
New fashion app “made for browsing.”
Alibaba cleaning up “grey market.”
Rue La La “hit hard” by flash sales slump.
Amazon has lowest watch and jewelry prices.
Company is reopening liquidated DOTS stores.
U.S. “now preferred location” for gold miners.
– New California gold rush.
Moissanite-covered CZ discovered in India.
Asian bankruptcies shake Indian community.
Diamond investment site picking up steam in Europe.
Morgan Stanley thinks diamonds won’t face Russian sanctions.
– Russian diamantaires discuss sanctions impact.
Interview with WFDB president Ernie Blom.
Mbada Diamonds rocked by turmoil.
Companies eager to join Surat bourse.
GIA examines Botswana.
Angola to begin diamond polishing.
Five arrested for abetting diamond polisher’s suicide.
New York bans virtually all ivory sales.
Tiffany bias lawsuit settled.
Tourneau, Cartier blast Chanel suit.
Danish bank exec backs Endless Jewelry.
Leo Schachter Diamonds moves to International Gem Tower.
Jeweler throws mass vow renewal.
Teen lives in Texas Walmart for four days.
Sofia Veraga partners with Kay.
Celebrities sparked the “ring selfie” craze.
– Woman who got plastic surgery speaks.
Lindsay Lohan sports big diamond ring.
North West gets diamond earrings.
Agatha Christie’s lost jewels auctioned by Bonhams.
Fun fact: One third of diamonds stolen from Debswana mine leave via anus.
– Story sparks sophisticated humor on Twitter.
– South African professor on the Kimberley Process and synthetic diamonds.
– TV station teaches children about the origin of diamonds.
– Seeking Alpha blogger thinks diamond exploration is risky.
– InStyle talks about best celebrity jewelry on Instagram.
– Omaha World-Herald is all about yellow engagement rings.
– The Guardian discusses favorite songs about precious stones.
From the Blog
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine