A final reminder: On Monday, Oct. 15, at 7 p.m., I will be giving a presentation for the American Gem Society New York/New Jersey Guild on “Current Challenges in the Jewelry Industry,” at Alfredo of Rome, 4 West 49th St. (between Fifth and Sixth Aves.), in New York City. The charge is $50, which includes dinner. Cocktails kick off at 6 p.m. RSVP to marcelia – at – diacodiamonds.com. More details here.
This week … Facebook, pro, con, or good for cons? … Zimbabwe knocks down KP reform, so the industry tries to reform itself … A new diamond planet … All below …
Jewelers should expect solid holiday, says survey.
Julius Klein sells stake in Ritani, as brand goes ecommerce.
Case shows jewelers dangers on Facebook, JSA says.
– Pinterest supplanting Facebook for sales.
– Facebook testing “want” and “collect” buttons.
Industry groups announce new effort to track diamond origin.
Zimbabwe declares victory over bid to expand “conflict diamond” definition. (Govt. newspaper)
– JA, other retailers, support KP reform.
– Chaim Even-Zohar on the end of the Oppenheimer era. (Video)
Prices stable at December DTC sight.
Pink diamond era “nears an end.”
– The industry on what it means.
Chaim Even-Zohar on the new on the latest merger/acquisition at Gemesis. ($) Hope to have more to say on this next week.
Edahn Golan makes the case for “diamonds as a commodity.”
Robbery at Antwerp sightholder. Mafia suspected.
Indian diamond exporters focus on local market.
Responsible Jewellery Council appoints new chairman.
GJEPC appoints new chairman, vice chairman.
Fossil vice chairman to retire.
DDI launches fundraising campaign.
Diamonds bring glitter to tribal lives.
Petra diamond strike resolved.
New “diamond finder” patented.
IDMA launches Facebook page.
Diamond Circle Capital sells three diamonds.
Spanish queen’s pearl bracelet highlights Christie’s auction.
James Bond watch fetches over $200,000.
Jennifer Aniston’s engagement ring: Gaudy or gorgeous?
– Giving consumers a celebrity-inspired ring.
New diamond planet found.
– CNBC on greater diamond buying in India.
– The Wall Street Journal on heirloom jewelry.
– Chicago Herald says gold has higher value than diamonds.
From the Blog:
The Diamond Five:
Have a great weekend …
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.