This week … The movie star-diamond grower … Hong Kong looks strong … And can diamonds reverse the aging process? … All below …
February sales give retailers “cautious hope.”
– Yet many Americans are “feeling poorer.”
– Indian diamantaires worry about U.S. economy.
Brodkey’s Jewelers to liquidate.
– Hoping to sell leases.
J.C. Penney could be sold, get new CEO.
– 2,200 laid off from stores, back office.
– Old CEO has had enough.
– Good analysis about Ron Johnson’s judgement.
– Another good analysis: Johnson “used his gut, not data.”
– Slate finds the place depressing.
– My thoughts: Let’s not learn the wrong lessons.
Apple may launch smartwatch this year.
– Apple studied sports watches.
– Swatch chief says he’s skeptical.
– Apple-Swatch connection?
– Did leaks come from Apple?
– Centurion weighs in.
– My thoughts (and Michael Schechter’s.)
Etsy pieces now appearing at Nordstorm.
– Survey says Nordstrom America’s favorite fashion retailer.
PPR may buy jeweler Pomellato.
Georg Jensen gets new CEO.
Qatar investment arm now owns 10% of Tiffany.
– Stock called “over-valued” by analyst.
Hong Kong show “steady,” “upbeat.”
– “Exceeds expectations.”
– Jennifer Heebner’s Hong Kong highlights.
Indians worry about competition from Asia.
– Edahn Golan: Cutting centers needs to “reinvent.”
– Avi Krawitz interviews head of GJEPC.
– Diamantaires flourish in Saurashtra with electricity.
Diamond billionaires move up, down on Forbes list.
Attempt to create diamond sourcing database hits snags.
Chinese firm denies smuggling Zimbabwe diamonds.
Swiss watch federation resigns from group over “Swiss-made” definition.
Swatch signs deal on watch components.
– Expects 5 to 10 percent growth in market this year.
– Last year’s sales rose 14 percent.
– Release report in “Swiss dialect.”
Ronnie Vanderlinden elected DMIA president.
Warren Buffett to again sell at Borsheim’s.
Actor Terrence Howard wants to give up show biz, grow diamonds.
Cathy Calhoun to be featured on HGTV.
Costco CEO supports minimum wage hike.
African diamond magnate solicits funds.
Jury acquits Wisconsin jeweler on theft charges.
Woman makes money selling “fake diamonds.”
GIA named one of world’s “most ethical companies.”
Olivia Wilde gets big engagement ring.
PetSmart manager returns diamond found in store.
Anti-aging cream uses diamonds.
Fashionista on conflict diamonds.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine