This week … What working in the diamond business taught an Apple exec … Consumer accuses Sears of underkarating gold … Are department stores in permanent decline? … All below …
Samsung’s smartwatch: What does it do?
– Galaxy Gear vs. other smartwatches.
– Tech bloggers’ reactions.
– Will eBay app pave way for other retailers?
– Business Insider: Smartwatch sales “will explode.”
– Mashable: Not same potential as smartphones.
– Will the watch industry relive 70’s crisis?
Whitney Sielaff leaves National Jeweler.
Pantone debuts color report for spring 2014.
Richline secures American Greetings license.
Consumer accuses Sears of underkarating gold.
Are department stores in permanent decline?
Biggest investment names piling into J.C. Penney.
Holiday season “could be a flop” for big names.
– Michelle Graff: Retailers are “treading lightly.”
– Consumers still cautious.
Pandora CEO says the U.K. “high street” is fine.
Amazon, Overstock, appeal to Supreme Court on New York online sales tax.
Mobile shopping to account for 16 percent of holiday e-commerce.
“Serious headwinds” for Blue Nile.
De Beers buys stake in online auction company.
Dominion wants to expand Ekati mine.
– Second quarter results.
– Earning call transcript.
Global diamond supply “faces cliff.”
– Interview with CEO of diamond ETF company.
Indian companies want rough prices reduced.
In-depth Atlantic article on $136 million Leviev theft.
– Security increased for Red Carpet jewelry.
Rio Tinto targets Chinese jewelry market.
Edahn Golan on “finding opportunities.”
Syrian crisis will keep gold price up.
South African gold miners go on strike.
– Romanians rally against gold mine.
African mines sign on to Fairtrade gold program.
Belgium wants EU to drop Zimbabwe sanctions.
Zimbabwe to start cutting diamonds.
New documentary of Congo revives Pat Robertson diamond mine allegations.
Botswana diamond mine may be sold.
118 Carat D-Flawless, “greatest white diamond ever” on block at Sotheby’s.
Mastolini appoints new sales manager.
CIBJO, RJC sign new agreement.
Signet announces quarterly cash dividend.
LA deputy sheriff/jeweler accused of diamond theft.
Nazi diamond going up for auction.
The “world’s smallest diamond.”
Florida treasure hunters find $300,000 in gold jewelry.
Jeweler has to pay out promotion to customers … again.
Does website owned by Jacob the Jeweler’s son disproportionately promote his jewelry?
Rapper responds to allegations of jewelry theft.
Scarlett Johansen sports large diamond ring.
Katie Couric also sporting new engagement ring.
Kim Kardashian wears a diamond mask.
What working in a diamond business taught an Apple exec.
Jewelry made from part of a cow.
Rooster swallows diamond earring.
– Profile of LuxeIntelligence.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend, and a happy and healthy new year to all who celebrate …
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.