Diamonds / Industry

Firestone Diamonds Appoints New CEO


Firestone Diamonds, the majority owner of the Liqhobong diamond mine in Lesotho, has named De Beers veteran Rob de Pretto (pictured) its CEO.

He succeeds Paul Bosma, who has decided to step down as CEO to “pursue other interests.” Bosma will  remain on the company’s board as a nonexecutive director to provide operational guidance and to ensure a smooth transition.

De Pretto has 39 years’ experience in the diamond industry—32 years of which were spent with De Beers and Anglo American in various operational and leadership roles. He was most recently the chief operating officer and acting CEO of the Zimbabwe Consolidated Diamond Co. He has a master’s degree in metallurgical engineering.

Firestone owns 75% of the Liqhobong mine, and the other 25% is held by the Lesotho government.

(Photo courtesy of Firestone Diamonds)

Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine

By: Rob Bates

Log Out

Are you sure you want to log out?

CancelLog out