Sorry this is a little later than usual because of my travel schedule. Speaking of which, I will at the Rio TInto conference in Chicago next week, and hope to have some report s from that as well …
And here’s the news:
De Beers class action settlement overturned.
– Final action “may take months longer.”
– Text of legal opinion.
Avon buys silver company.
JA worried about “conflict mineral” provisions in financial reform bill.
– Bill passes.
Kimberley Process and Zimbabwe reach deal
– Mining minister won’t talk to Rapaport reporter.
Zim government considers new diamond act.
– Are mining moneys being diverted?
Diamond Congress Held in Moscow:
– Avi Paz reelected at WFDB. (And Moti Ganz at IDMA.)
– IDMA calls for restructuring of diamond financing.
– South Korean bourse admitted to WFDB.
– Leviev challenges miners to support business.
Sightholders don’t like new Botswana mining licenses.
– De Beers, Botswana discuss agreement.
Indian diamantaires worry about supply.
– … and tax raids.
Naomi Campbell diamond testimony postponed.
Mumbai diamond trader arrested for fraud.
Esmerian seeks reorganization.
New research may aid diamond exploration.
Analyst cautious on Blue Nile.
Harry Bock dies.
New director at Graff Chicago.
United Brands makes appointments.
Feds: Jeweler was shot in Mafia case.
Man sues to get $100K engagement ring back.
WSJ blog goes to diamond district.
From the Blog
Have a great weekend …
– Please note changed email address: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed, w/blog, news updates, and occasional office inside jokes: robbatesjck