Happy Diwali to all my readers!
This week: India still reeling from bank issues. A new lawsuit for Alex and Ani. And a diamond is rescued after being flushed down toilet. All below.
Sears closing 100 stores, report says.
– Seeking Alpha ups count to 1,100 closed stores, 6,000 layoffs.
– Company increasingly acting as landlord.
Jewelry TV considering brick-and-mortar superstore.
Scott Kay appoints Terry Pasch president of sales.
Swatch doesn’t need partner for smartwatch.
– Smartwatches still small percentage of wearables market.
Who is the Better Diamond Initiative?
Firsthand look at Ebola and the diamond industry.
– National Jeweler has more.
– “I wanted a diamond from Sierra Leone.”
Diamond industry sending “mixed messages.”
– Jewelers must work on their “mood.”
India still reeling from Antwerp Diamond Bank closure.
– Hrishikesh Exporters gives workers cars, houses.
– Surat companies to start charter airline service.
Canadian diamond production to double in four years.
De Beers and Namibia still don’t have a new diamond deal.
– De Beers has deal the National Union of Mineworkers.
– Company mining production rises.
– Company signs new IT deal.
101 ct. diamond sells for $4.9 million at Christie’s.
Scio gets credit extension, new investments.
San Diego jeweler charged with 27 felonies.
Alex and Ani sued by media company.
– Plaintiff speaks out.
Cartier can force ISPs to block counterfeiters.
Amazon’s third-quarter sales, holiday forecast disappoints.
– Could Wal-Mart beat Amazon in online sales?
Zalemark signs licensing deal with Crayola.
San Francisco watch company Xetum purchased.
Warburg invests in India’s Kalyan Jewellers.
– Private equity liking Indian jewelry chains.
Fairmined gold coming to U.S.
Six-pound gold nugget found by prospector.
Pebble mine sues EPA.
Petra makes $15 million from 232 ct. white diamond.
$1.6 million diamond-covered Halloween costume.
Bill Clinton still loves Shinola.
Diamond ring recovered from sewer after being flushed down toilet.
Five most expensive cocktails—including diamonds.
Glamour on Blue Nile’s new app.
CNBC guest calls diamonds “wearable investments.”
The New York Times on smartwatches.
From the blog
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.