This week: Diamond dealer winds up in fake court case. Squirrel flusters U.K. jeweler. And Kim Kardashian wanted jewelry-store shower. All below.
Birks comps jump 24 percent.
William Goldberg loses stolen-diamond case.
HSBC subsidiary charged with fraud over diamond transactions.
Florida jeweler busted in an emerald and cocaine deal.
Jury sides with customer against jeweler in diamond-swapping case.
Arrest made in Manhattan jewelry heist.
Diamond theft gang sentenced.
Utility scam targets small jewelers.
Diamond dealer duped by lawyer in fake litigation.
– More details.
Is there an accepted diamond grading standard?
– Australian jewelry publication on differences in diamond grading.
– Grading labs descend on Surat.
– My thoughts: Fixing the lab-grading mess.
Mark Boston: We still need generic diamond promotion.
Gemfields still fixing Fabergé, wants to buy De Beers.
Harry Winston “gets its sparkle back.”
Net-a-Porter may go public.
De Beers could transform Anglo’s fortunes.
Rundown of Black Friday jewelry sales.
British jewelry brand Monica Vinader poised for expansion.
Blue diamond sets per-carat record at Sotheby’s.
Investors “misjudge demand” for Apple Watch.
– 11 things recently revealed about the Apple Watch.
– How to turn your Rolex into a smartwatch.
Fashion labels learn to love litigation.
Industry endorses Zimbabwe bourse.
– Mugabe’s wife now takes over, thanks to plundered diamond wealth.
– Consolidation of Zimbabwe diamond mines questioned.
– Not many diamonds left in Marange.
Central African Republic “classic case” of blood diamonds.
Southern Times doesn’t want KP mandate extended.
South Africa’s growing problem with illegal gold mining.
Botswana celebrates diamond success.
– President says country must diversify.
Namdeb mining until 2050.
Mystery surrounds sale of Ghana diamond company.
Alrosa sells stake in insurance company.
Federal court reconsidering conflict mineral law.
Dominion Diamond chairman Gannicott goes on leave.
Signet names its first chief information officer.
Former head of King’s Jewelry now a writer.
Tiffany unveils holiday 2014 ad campaign.
Forevermark launches Hold My Hand Forever campaign.
Hashtag ring at Bloomingdale’s gets social buzz.
– Coincidence—or copy? Lively discussion in comments.
Two-store British chain liquidates.
U.K. jeweler has wild squirrel chase.
Kate Hudson goes for emerald engagement ring.
Benedict Cumberbatch’s fiancée’s engagement ring.
Kim Kardashian wanted to hold shower at jewelry store.
New insights into diamond’s formation.
– Asteroids make “structurally bizarre” diamonds.
Harry Potter fan puts ring on wand for proposal.
“Ebola nurse” in Dallas gets new ring from Zale’s.
Touching listing about engagement ring on Craigslist.
– BBC on how to buy diamonds.
– Page Six says celebrities get “handsy” at Forevermark event.
– Nerdwallet provides info on where to get deals on Pandora bracelets.
– Baltimore Sun interviews Pandora chief operating officer.
From the blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine