Reminder: This weekend is Daylight Shavings Time
This week: Extell takes over the Diamond District. Will Apple Watch save lives? How Prince Charles helped a young designer. All below.
Jewelry crime falls as more bad guys get busted.
Christie’s to auction Joan Rivers’ private collection.
– Sotheby’s to auction 10.1 ct. blue diamond.
Charles & Colvard sells Lulu Avenue assets.
– Moissanite plans to “compete with diamonds,” new CEO says.
– My thoughts: How do we talk about ethical sourcing?
The Diamond District becoming “a playground” for Extell.
Unique Settings sued for allegedly failing to pay overtime.
Plukka is bringing the in-store try-on experience to buyer’s homes.
– Profile of new e-tailer Mazal Diamond.
Consumers talk jewelry preferences at WJA conference.
Woman says bankrupt Savannah, Ga., store kept her rings.
Is Nordstrom immune to department store malaise?
Avi Krawitz: Short-term optimism in the diamond markets.
What’s next for the world’s second-biggest diamond?
Central African Republic may start exporting diamonds again.
“Anger arises” around Tiffany diamond mine.
Call for Mugabe’s impeachment over mishandling of diamonds.
– Why Zim’s mines need better regulation.
– Chaos in Chiadzwa continues.
Jewelry Industry Summit sells out.
Nurit Rothman: Does Galatea help transparency?
Swatch focusing on plastic smartwatches.
Tech world stops as world awaits Apple Watch 2.
– Could the Apple Watch save your life?
Mark Motes named president of Continental Buying Group board.
Sally Morrison leaving Diamond Producers Association.
California jeweler Leo Hamel running for Assembly.
Shinola cited in Democratic debate.
Richline, Rio Grande, Signet, Tiffany make commitments to wildlife trafficking.
Protests in Italy over patron saint’s jewels.
GJEPC supports jewelers’ strike.
– Jewelers losing $150 million a day.
Gang behind Hatton Garden robbery sentenced.
– Ringleader in failing health.
– Why Hatton Garden attracts villains.
Engagement ring found after toddler flushed it.
Newspaper carrier finds diamond ring, returns it.
Jewelry made from oyster shells.
Opera star debuts jewelry line.
Jacob the Jeweler buys $16 million pad.
How Prince Charles gave a young jewelry designer a break.
Kim Kardashian wears necklace with skintight bodysuit.
– Huffington Post blogger doesn’t want engagement ring.
– CNN: Engagement rings for Leap Day proposals.
– AOL Money has five incredible facts about diamonds.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.