This week: Famed boutique closes. Why the diamond industry may be poised for a rebound. And what does your zodiac sign say about your ring taste? All below.
U.S. consumer spending rises in November.
– Jewelry spending looks steady among the affluent, survey says.
– Avi Krawitz: Beware a Fed rate hike.
Gemvara sees orders double over Black Friday weekend.
– Blue Nile “gets ready for holiday rush.”
Bailey Banks hopes to grow to 25 stores in five years.
Gregg Ruth leaves namesake company.
Kitson closing all stores.
Are these jewelry ads offensive?
Era of the “global jeweler?”
One way for the natural diamond industry to fight back against lab-growns.
– Is Diamond Producers Association not working with industry?
– Michelle Graff: The potential of “Diamonds Unleashed.”
Bain & Co. report on diamond industry.
– Paul Zimnisky: Supply-demand balance will be restored in 2016.
– Rapaport: Polished trade improving.
– Danielle Max: Let’s look on the bright side.
De Beers CEO on U.S. market, weak demand, and whether De Beers is to blame.
– Chaim Even-Zohar gives his take.
– De Beers names Anglo veteran as CFO.
– Anglo overextended during good times.
– Anglo asset sales haven’t helped.
“Uncomfortable realities” for Botswana’s cutters.
– Country considers post-diamond future.
Israeli jailed for 10 years in underground bank scandal.
Diamond factory sparks lawsuit in Canada.
– Company fights to keep its secrets.
Rajesh Exports sees shares rise, beats rest of market.
New technique tracks the sources of diamonds.
Luxury brands catching up on sustainability.
Will gold hit $1,000 an ounce?
– Why gold is defying trends.
– China increases gold reserves.
Weak rural economy curbs India’s gold appetite.
Cartier watches “lose sparkle in China.”
Swatch is amassing an army of smartwatch patents.
Apple Watch “being discounted like crazy.”
– Apple Watch owners want to give it as gift.
– Myths about the Apple Watch.
– Deep dive into Apple Watch stats.
– No one but Apple really knows how well it’s doing.
Internet sales tax may be raised again.
$52.2 million New York sale culminates Sotheby’s 2015 fine jewelry sales.
Bonhams’ sale sets three world records.
Petra sells rare 23.16 ct. pink.
Pomellato group gets new CEO.
Todd Reed promotes Amy Ash, Anjanette Sinesio.
David Yurman opens first Hawaii boutique.
Alex and Ani designing trophy for U.S. Olympic Committee.
$10 million in diamonds stolen from midtown Manhattan jeweler.
Goop pop-up robbed of $170,000 in jewelry, watches.
Chopard store across from French president’s home robbed.
Hatton Garden site may become a museum.
Gem wars in Mozambique.
What would happen if bullets were made out of diamonds?
Diamonds and gold donated to Salvation Army kettles.
Zimbabwe man caught smuggling diamonds in his underwear.
Emmy Rossum happy about her vintage engagement ring.
Are DNA-sealed bands the next engagement ring?
– Or maybe engagement tattoos.
Choosing your engagement ring based on your astrological sign.
Goldie Hawn’s ring raises rumors.
– The Economist on India’s woes.
– The New York Times on “Diamonds Unleashed.”
– New York Post columnist hates chocolate diamonds.
– CNBC looks at how much engagement rings cost.
– Why Stylecaster writer went engagement ring shopping with her boyfriend.
– The Wall Street Journal on buying a luxury watch on a budget.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.