Diamond Shavings has gone nude paddleboarding with Orlando Bloom
This week: Tough times for Swiss watches. A diamond mine in Israel? A Texas jeweler does a nice thing—and the world notices. All below.
JBT: Industry consolidation continues.
– Canadian jeweler Ben Moss closing.
– U.S. jewelry, watch sales increase.
Jewelry industry getting safer, JSA says.
Diamond industry now subject of TV series.
47th Street retailers hit by lawsuits, bad publicity.
Kassoy closing 47th Street showroom.
Bloomberg: Swiss watch sales are “ailing.”
–WSJ: “Hard times” for luxury watch dealers (in Hong Kong).
Charles & Colvard sees better sales, smaller loss.
– Earnings call transcript.
– Main supplier’s deal hits home.
Yelp warns users about businesses that sue customers.
Cartier targets infringers in Europe.
Why is U.S. government getting involved in diamond financing?
– Charles Wyndham: Deal ignores “failure” of beneficiation.
De Beers summer sale defies slowdown.
– Prices fall 14 percent.
– CEO optimistic about the market.
– Ehud Laniado: The great diamond slowdown.
New De Beers CEO seeks to mend fences.
Production begins at Gahcho Kué.
Start-up turns diamond into a currency alternative.
India still worries about mixing of natural diamonds, synthetics.
– Rapaport to provide 100 percent natural untreated melee.
– Popular Science writer proposes with lab-grown diamond.
– HuffPo blogger interviews head of Pure Grown.
India’s prime minister asks Surat diamantaires to embrace new technology.
– Rajesh Exports seeks foreign acquisitions.
Rio Tinto’s diamond sales rise.
Dubai firms buys Liberia, Guinea diamond mines.
Israel may have gemstone, diamond mines.
Entrepreneur close to gold mine in Ireland.
Gold’s impressive run set to continue.
– Metal may soar if Trump wins.
– U.S. labor strength threatens gains.
Has Apple Watch’s time finally come?
– It’s “anxiety-inducing.”
– Samsung uses Apple Watch illustrations in patent filing.
Wal-Mart close to buying Jet.com.
– Targeting Amazon?
Millennial rebuts talk about her generation.
Julie Romanenko elected president of CJDG.
Former Dominion Diamond CEO Robert Gannicott dies.
AGS announces CEO search.
Interview with John Hardy creative director.
GIA offering $2 million in scholarships in 2017.
Jewelers’ act of kindness goes viral.
Fund launched for flood-damaged Maryland jeweler.
Couple finds diamond jewels in $7 chair.
Woman finds lost engagement ring in Lake Michigan.
GossipCop says Mariah Carey’s diamond ring is not fake. Repeat: not fake.
Rolex maintains clock in Switzerland.
All the presidents’ watches.
India may force the return of Koh-i-Noor.
– The “undercover etiquette” of the Antwerp diamond district.
– Los Angeles Times on the problems in the local jewelry district.
– Yahoo: Diamonds won’t likely last forever.
– The Telegraph on how to select an engagement ring.
– The New York Times: “The most stunning new store in Paris’ haute jewelry mecca.”
– Vanity Fair on the failed sale of the Lesedi La Rona.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine