– Interview with people
behind new company.
– Official court
David Kwiat dies. Our thoughts are with his family.
Diamonds now “un-banned.”
– First Zimbabwe diamond sale
nets $71 million.
– “Big money” arrives
– How are profits
– RapNet still banning Marange
– South Africa hails.
– Government press upbeat.
– Miners pledge “transparency.”
(Again, government press.)
– KP agreement brings country “out
from the cold.”
– WSJ talks
– Mining minister: Villagers
first found diamonds.
Mob connection in
diamond district heist ring.
Bidz 2Q results show
Analysts: Blue Nile has “highest efficiency” in
Alrosa sales, profits up. (PDF)
If you’re not bored
by this Naomi Campbell thing …
– Model maintains she
– Interesting FT
article on her testimony (which doesn’t really mention diamonds.)
– Local group wants
– Affair’s given blood diamond issue “most
coverage” in three years.
– Sierra Leone residents appalled
at media focus.
– Will she be offered jewelry ads? DIC gets
– Campbell does some post-testimony yachting with
DiCaprio, in kind of a “blood diamond”-related celebrity hall of fame.
Houston robbery ends
with salesperson beaten.
by “potato chip queen.”
– Jacob the Jeweler sues
Russell Simmons fights with blog over
“Blood Diamond Russ” nickname.
Woman drops engagement ring into
surf. Double oy.
The Bachelorette engagement
– AP story
on Zimbabwe diamonds. Gets Rapaport’s former title very very wrong.
– The entire industry seems to love this
Wall Street Journal op-ed on conflict diamonds, except for me. Look at the
comments, it doesn’t seem to have changed many minds.
News says don’t buy diamonds.
Deal article on Extell Gem Tower.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
– Send news, tips and comments to rbates – at –
– Twitter feed, w/blog, news
updates, and occasional office inside jokes: robbatesjck