21 stores this year, 2011 sales up 14%.
– Tiffany earning
– Japan dims
Harry Winston sales up
– Barron’s on
Former Zale CEO Neal Goldberg dies.
Terrible news. Our thoughts are with his family.
GIA axes clients for HPHT
– Clarifies: Only repeat offenders get
– From site: How to submit treated
Rapaport signs deal with
Kimberley Process: At
war with itself.
– JA, DMIA criticize chairman’s
– World Diamond Council, De Beers urge
– Rapaport urges expulsion from
– “A dangerous
– “Politicians have
hijacked” the KP.
Zimbabwe happy with KP decision.
– Minister: KP “does not respect
With KP in turmoil, Indians unsure how
– Surat Rough Sourcing Initiative’s fate “hangs
– Marange supply “a big let-down” for
Rio and Alrosa may make diamond
– CEO says Alrosa suffers from
Flash, deal sites “overloading
– Small businesses “get
– Interesting discussion about Groupon in these Gawker comments.
(Warning: frank language.)
Gordon Brothers names
new managing director.
BHP changes diamond
Elizabeth Taylor dies.
– Jewelry collection valued at
– Her “life
– Industry remembers on Twitter.
– Jewelry may be auctioned for AIDS charity.
– 2007 interview with
Phyllis Bergman reelected
head of 24K Club.
Luxist is apparently
folding into Stylist. What a shame; I thought it was very good.
Zale fails to get
Nordstrom completes HauteLook
Christie’s auctioning big
– Big emerald tiara to be sold
Royal Asscher opens stores
Gem Diamonds, Lucara discussing
Shane pearl sales to benefit
– Jewelers for Children donates
Diamonds could be used for storing
Couple finds 2.5-carat diamond at Arkansas
J.R.R. Tolkien’s grandson explains why he wrote
British lottery promoted with woman covered
Someone had to do it…a diamond
Fake diamond speakers.
Note that diamonds are called “politically incorrect.”
Times on the state of the diamond industry.
From the Blog:
Kimberley Process, At War With Itself. Post has some worthwhile comments.
Feel free to leave a comment on any of the above in the box below, and have a great weekend…
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed, w/blog, news updates: robbatesjck