This week … De Beers gets great financial results … An Arkansas couple gets a great diamond … And the Israeli diamond industry gets great problems … All below …
De Beers sees soaring sales, profits.
– Exclusive interview with De Beers CEO.
– Anglo American—vulnerable to takeover?
Small business owners express the most optimism since 2008.
Dealers cheer possible lifting of Burmese ruby ban.
Nearly $1 million in gems stolen following Tucson gem shows.
– $1 million in counterfeit jewelry seized at gem show.
Israeli diamond investigation freezing big traders’ bank accounts.
– UPI: Investigations “cause trade to crash.”
– Banks used Chinese workers’ money.
Indian diamond industry happy about new tax.
– Edahn Golan: The new normal = plenty of oversight. Like it or not.
New money laundering rules apply to gift cards.
Angolan diamonds and human rights.
New Kimberley Process chairwoman’s press teleconference.
– Statement in South Africa.
– Urged to “clarify” Zimbabwe position. Stupid non-issue.
BHP “inching closer” to leaving industry.
– Diamond revenues slump.
– Does De Beers want Ekati?
Can Botswana really host all the sightholders?
Avi Krawitz: Let Alrosa list.
Surat diamond polisher killed.
Mumbai diamond dealer accused of stealing.
Jeweler acquitted on fencing charges.
SEC investigation of Bidz ends.
Failed sale of 230 ct. diamond leads to lawsuit.
$21,000 diamond found at Arkansas park.
Antwerp industry unveils new “masterplan.”
Forevermark Japan gets new managing director.
An engagement ring package from … uh … Pizza Hut.
– UAE newspaper on the Kimberley Process.
– CNN on “what diamond buyers need to know.” (Video)
– CNBC on diamond investing.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
– Get blogs and news every day in JCK’s daily e-newsletter. Enter your email in the box at the upper right hand side of this page.
– Twitter feed, w/blog, news updates: robbatesjck
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.