This week… It was the Oscars! We all remember the jewelry. Not sure I remember who won anything … Consumer confidence is up! Just don’t become too cocky, guys .. Plus, a big debate over Internet sales tax … All below …
Who wore what jewelry to the Academy Awards.
– … and the Oscar parties.
– Jennifer Heebner on the “hits and misses.”
The recovery has arrived! But not everyone will enjoy it.
– Consumer confidence hits four year high.
– Ken Gassman thinks 2012’s jewelry sales look good.
How will Internet sales tax impact Blue Nile?
– Does site “eliminate the specialness” of diamond buying?
Gold experiences huge one-day drop.
Basel diamond thief identified.
Indian duty to curb “round tripping” paying off.
– Not applicable to polished stones.
– Avi Krawitz: Does tax limit competition?
Edahn Golan: It’s good Israeli authorities called a break to investigations.
Zimbabwe could “upset the diamond apple cart.” (Govt. newspaper)
Diamond trafficking scandal in Cote d’Ivoire?
Scio “making progress” toward lab-grown diamonds.
Warren Buffett to again sell jewelry at Borsheim’s.
– Berkshire-Hathaway retail segment up 5 percent in 2011.
Stuller adds Jeffrey High to executive team.
Jamie Mordaunt joins I. Hennig Botswana.
Longtime JCK sales rep Joy Englebert dies.
British TV airing special on Liz Taylor’s jewelry.
Cartier film features diamond legends.
New mystery book involves conflict diamonds.
Diamond contact lenses in India anger devotees.
Lil’ Wayne’s diamond-studded headphones.
Have a great weekend …
From the Blog:
– Get blogs and news every day in JCK’s daily e-newsletter. Enter your email in the box at the upper right hand side of this page.
– Twitter feed, w/blog, news updates: robbatesjck
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.