In the news … The diamond industry gets the summertime blues … Speculation already starting over the Kayne West-Kim Kardashain ring … And how diamond people should emulate Steve Jobs. They got the screaming part down! … All below …
Jewelry crime rose in first six months of the year.
– Counterfeit watches: They’re getting better.
Zale achieves “milestone” with new financing.
– My thoughts: Has Zale gotten its house in order?
– Stock soars.
Signet Jewelers laying off up to 99 at U.K. office.
– Company dividend “likely to continue.”
J.C. Penney making deep price cuts.
– Second quarter results “likely to be grim.”
– Company sells stake in Simon Property Group.
– Launches “stores within the store.”
– Tweet causes huge stock rise.
Harry Winston “in talks” to buy Diavik.
Diamond market “faces unsure second half.”
– Sightholder: Polished prices “have declined 15 percent.”
– Avi Krawitz: De Beers lowering production “a welcome relief.”
– Tender prices beat expectations.
Indian dealers nervous about IIJS Show.
– Out of work diamond polisher kills self.
Goldenwest purchasing interest in E.Z. Diamonds.
Moissanite sales increase 69 percent.
Industry labs “confident” about synthetic diamond detection.
Gold price won’t see huge gains this year.
– One analyst still sees $2,000. (Video)
Swatch looking at record year.
– Offers hope for Pandora?
Edahn Golan: Industry should emulate Steve Jobs.
DealFind to offer jewelry deals.
Mobile payments poised for huge growth.
Botswana cutting factory shuts down.
Zimbabwe diamond mine River Ranch liquidates.
Zimbabwe wants total control of diamond mines.
– British govt. investigating Zimbabwe diamond deals.
– South Africa property buying may be Zimbabwe money laundering.
– Opposition party says diamond money’s not accounted for.
Strike at Marange mine Anjin.
Namibia diamond polishers protest for raises.
De Beers gets trademark for “World’s Most Carefully Selected Diamonds.”
– Forevermark expanding in India.
Former De Beers Diamond Jewelers CEO now heading CultureMap.
Story of “diamond deal that went wrong.”
– Sierra Leone VP defends himself.
SEC divided over “conflict mineral” rule.
Jeweler charged with insurance fraud.
Surat diamond trader cheated.
Thomas Sabo launches fine jewelry line.
24 Karat Club of Southern California president Jack Woolf dies.
Bachelorette’s 88-diamond ring.
– What “media got wrong.”
Tourneau has “outstanding” digital experience.
Kanye West to propose to Kim Kardashian with mother’s jewelry.
Jeweler appraises bling on classic rap LPs.
Character on Covert Affairs boycotts diamonds because of social issues.
From the Blog:
The Diamond Five:
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.