This week … How long does J.C. Penney’s CEO have?… Will an online sales tax rip apart the GOP?… A messed-up proposal story to top all other messed-up proposal stories… All below…
Pandora announces flat revenue, falling profits.
– Will company sell online in the United States?
Heck of a Job, Ron
– J.C. Penney lost nearly $1 billion in 2012.
– CEO “has six months.”
– Delaying payments to suppliers?
– Only hope: Good service.
– Rating agencies downgrade.
– Conference call transcript.
– Inside Penney: Widespread anxiety and mistrust.
– In-depth Wall Street Journal profile.
– Johnson was “handed the Titanic.”
– Was company all YouTube addicts?
Richline introduces Marie Claire jewelry.
Fashion’s Night Out goes on hiatus.
Oscar jewelry: Who wore what.
Politico: Opposition to online sales tax fading.
– Does the issue expose Republican fissure?
– Washington D.C. retailer makes his case.
Five things I learned from Blue Nile’s investor presentation.
Online retailer Gemify.com closes.
Google to challenge Amazon.
Groupon fires CEO.
Moissanite sales jump 40 percent in 2012.
Jewelers in Trouble
– Pennsylvania jeweler pleads guilty to running Ponzi scheme.
– North Carolina jeweler cited for precious metal violations.
– Report: Feds raise Pittsburgh jewelers.
IDMA head slaps India—and India slaps back.
– Edahn Golan sides with the Indians.
EU releases KP numbers for stolen Brussels goods.
– Malca Amit settles robbery claims.
– As does G4S International Logistics.
– Botswana newspaper: Industry faces new security issues.
Why noise surrounding conflict gold may only grow louder.
Zimbabwe using diamond money to “clean up” its image.
Avi Krawitz charts the lead-up to Hong Kong.
Chaim Even-Zohar: The DTC and Bostwana production shortfalls. ($)
Diamond wholesaler Robert Manderkern dies.
Becka Johnson Kibby joins Edge Retail Academy.
Element Six names new CEO.
(Synthetic) diamonds may be used in defense.
Homeless man returns ring, wins big.
Bizarre “proposal horror story.”
Dying woman’s ring stolen from finger.
Woman makes money selling “fake” diamonds.
JCK Industry Fund announces winners.
The Incomparable showcased in Mouawad necklace.
U.K. socialite has two impressive engagement rings.
JamesAllen.com marketing manager writes blog for Huffington Post.
From the Blog:
My story of online reputation management.
Have a great weekend…
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine