This week … Sightholders strike back against De Beers… NFL star sued over African diamonds … Shoppers say they’re getting billed for jewelry they didn’t order … All below …
Susan Jacques takes over the GIA.
Borsheims gets new CEO.
– Took six-year break.
Tourneau names new CEO.
Fall in consumer confidence largest since 2008 crisis.
– NRF starts to worry about government shutdown.
– Avi Krawitz: Came at “worst time” for retail.
Retail sales disappointing in September.
Debt talks sink gold price.
Google smartwatch could be coming this month.
– Samsung commercial “brilliant.”
– Do consumers care?
J.C. Penney’s sales improve—particularly jewelry.
– Saks CEO joins board.
– Returns to “classic” logo.
– Revival hinges on avoiding price war.
Samuels Jewelers gets new financing.
Gitanjali head ordered not to sell property.
Surat units cut output by half.
Sightholders reject 15 percent of De Beers sight.
Ben Janowski: The diamond business is broken.
– Coffee and the diamond industry.
118 ct. diamond sets record—but big blue fails to sell.
Christie’s sells largest fancy vivid orange ever.
“Incomparable” diamond going on sale.
Blue rough scores $7.5 million.
235 ct. diamond found in Russia.
– Alrosa’s ouput rises.
Ivory Coast diamond embargo may be lifted.
Darfur’s “deadly gold rush.”
Diamond mining drops in Sierra Leone.
Steinmetz denies selling stake in diamond miner.
Tiffany searching for ad agency.
Tiffany, Swatch terminate watch agreement.
Sterne Agee analyst upgrades Tiffany.
CEO of Nordstrom’s Hautelook steps down.
Is Net-a-Porter for sale?
Sotheby’s adopts “poison pill” against activist investor.
– Looking like a “long fight.”
– Activist campaign “ultimately doomed.”’
Schnitzer elected president of Israel Diamond Exchange.
Remembering Sunny Friedman.
Do diamonds have healing properties?
Neiman Marcus catalog offers $1.8 million African diamond trip.
Movie planned on “Pink Panther” jewel thieves.
Aspiring actress sued over jewelry ad.
NFL star sued over African diamonds.
Irish law enforcement auctions off Rolex on eBay.
New date set for Elizabeth Taylor jewelry auction.
Online shoppers complain about getting billed for jewelry they didn’t order.
The first comet had diamonds in it.
Saturn, Jupiter may have diamond rain.
– Investors Business Daily on Signet.
– NPR Marketplace story on auctions, includes quotes from moi.
– FT profiles Koidu Holdings exec.
– O.K. Magazine’s top celebrity engagement rings.
From the Blog:
Article on online sales tax.
Have a great weekend …
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine