This week … Stephen Colbert makes fun of Forevermark offer… The Hope Diamond and other “cursed jewelry” … 19 diamantaires arrested for smuggling … All below …
Synthetic melee being mixed with natural, Rapaport says.
– Gemesis selling pink synthetics.
Apple has smartwatch to watch, survey says.
– Swiss execs don’t see threat.
Swiss competition authorities okay Swatch component deal.
– “A seismic shift.”
Who wrecked J.C. Penney?
– Its store closing conundrum.
– Erases all traces of Ron Johnson.
– Analyst sees stock falling to $1.
Goldman Sachs sees gold falling to $1150 next year.
Flash site Cocosa shutting down.
Layoffs hit Forevermark in London.
Martin Leake may be going to Lukoil for diamonds.
Former JVC marketing director Amy Greenbaum dies.
Armin Strom board president dies.
Helzberg blames vendor error for carat weight mistake.
Audemars, Movado settle lawsuit.
Illinois sales tax law struck down by state Supreme Court.
Trading ban on Mehul Choksi lifted.
Leviev sued by Gaydamak. Round two.
– Angolan general involved, too.
19 diamantaires arrested in China for smuggling.
Ivory Coast diamond embargo fails to halt smuggling.
South Africa to expand diamond cutting “17-fold.”
– President says diamond laws have “failed.”
– De Beers expands mine’s life until 2040.
ABN Amro shuts office in Botswana.
Angola’s diamond production may hit record.
Zimbabwe issues controversial diamond license.
Haskell Jewelrs hires three senior executives.
Walmart to open over 100 stores in China.
The diamond-covered e-cigarette.
Kim Kardashian’s (new) engagement ring.
– The diamond had to be “floating on air.”
Six pieces of “cursed jewelry.”
14-year-old finds 3.85 ct. yellow at Arkansas park.
Gold in trees?
– Forbes on diamonds as investment vehicle.
– Stephen Colbert makes fun of Forevermark diamond offer in Neiman Marcus book.
– Letter writer in Napa Valley complains there are too many jewelry stores.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.