This week… California man says jeweler sold him “fake” diamond.… Not many buyers for swallowed diamond ring… New parody of Kay commercial… All below…
And that’s a wrap!
– Christmas comes in strong for jewelers.
– Jewelry “best-performing category” this holiday, SpendingPulse says.
Traffic to jewelry e-tailers jumps 23 percent.
– Amazon offers gift cards as deliveries miss Christmas.
– Why buying local may replace buying online.
U.S. jewelry market looking to grow 4 to 8 percent in next few years.
My favorite jewelry promotions of 2013.
Tiffany must pay Swatch $450 million following arbitration loss.
– Dispute over store space, analyst says.
– Well-done analysis.
Former Tiffany exec gets year in jail for stealing $1 million.
Target gives 10 percent discount following credit card breach.
– Sites where they sell stolen credit cards.
– Lawsuits piling up.
– How “Target became a target.”
– What happened when a jeweler’s website got hacked.
California man says he was sold a “fake” diamond ring.
Undisclosed synthetics “biggest diamond story of the year.”
Jewelry show at Met “raises questions.”
Indian government clamping down on jewelry imports.
Israeli industry fighting new money laundering controls.
Zimbabwe plans second Antwerp auction.
Gitanjali stock may head upward again.
Angry consumers cost businesses $76 billion in revenue.
“Shouting at customers versus engaging them.”
Overstock.com to accept Bitcoin.
Buyer for British pawnbroker walks away.
Fiera di Vicenza gets new president.
Watch spokeswoman Dominique Tadion dies.
Diamond salesman Jason Segal dies.
Naya Rivera gets diamonds for Christmas.
Gabrielle Union flashes 8 ct. engagement ring.
Leann Rimes called “too chubby” to wear engagement ring.
New parody of Kay Jewelers commercial.
– Hairpin annoyed by (different) Kay commercial.
Swallowed ring takes in half its value.
Career jewel thief Doris Payne’s bail contested.
Oklahoma man proposes to girlfriend during arrest.
“World’s oldest diamonds” turn out to be polishing grit.
Italian man turns dead son into diamond.
Woman finds diamond ring in sprouts.
Top 10 kooky jewelry news stories of 2013.
– Gizmodo on five strange places to look for diamonds.
– Dawn.com on Jains in the diamond industry.
– Huffington Post/The Knot: “10 Things No One Tells You About Shopping for an Engagement Ring.”
– Sky News visits dealers in Antwerp.
– Crain’s Chicago Business on less demand for white diamond engagement rings.
– Touching story in JewishJournal.com about a meaningful piece of jewelry.
From the Blog:
Wishing a happy and healthy New Year to all!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.