This week: A 30 ct. yellow diamond disappoints in Canada. Rules for engagement ring selfies. Can you print an engagement ring at home? All below.
Gold and silver price-setting methods likely to change.
New 50-store jewelry chain planned.
Diamond grower Gemesis names new CEO.
Synthetic producer Scio strikes deal with critics after firing CEO.
Why didn’t synthetic gemstones kill the natural gem business?
Three questions about Chow Tai Fook’s purchase of Hearts On Fire.
– What’s the next big jewelry deal?
Millennials less interested in jewelry than prior generations.
– More U.K. brides shopping for engagement rings.
– But still want diamond with proposal.
– Older women have big jewelry collections.
30 ct. diamond fetches disappointing price in Toronto.
– Because of no grading report?
Google smartwatches now on sale.
– Dumb to buy one now?
New Jersey jewelers cited in latest gold-buying sting.
Jacob the Jeweler implicated in mining scandal.
Juicy Couture closes U.S. stores.
ShopHQ CEO resigns.
Sterling Jewelers appoints one, promotes two.
N.A.G. elects new chairman, vice chairman.
Why was CEO fired at Target?
Mumbai banking summit focuses on gems, jewelry.
Winsome Diamonds tops Indian defaulters list.
– Begins legal proceeding against defaulters.
– Appoints new managing director.
Surat bourse inches closer to reality.
More diamonds being cut in Rajasthan, India.
Indian jewelers offer BMWs, bullion as incentives.
Leviev strikes new Angolan diamond deal.
Alrosa opens Russia’s largest diamond mine.
– Issues new ethical guidelines for buyers.
It’s good to attend the World Diamond Congress.
Suit against Dallas plastic surgeon centers on diamond.
Cop replaces elderly woman’s engagement ring.
App lets you print engagement rings at home.
Giant Earth-size star is made of diamonds.
The gold-plated KFC chicken bone necklace.
– Fox News upset Bill Clinton owns 14 luxury watches.
– U.K. brides magazine has rules for engagement ring selfies.
– New York Times profile of De Beers designer.
– Philly.com on the new man-gagement rings.
– Onegreenplanet.org says engagement ring tradition “needs to change.”
From the blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine