Diamonds / Industry

De Beers Parent Anglo Gets a New CEO


De Beers’ parent, Anglo American, has appointed Duncan Wanblad (pictured) to be its new CEO.

Anglo American owns 85% of De Beers, with the other 15% held by the government of the Republic of Botswana.

Wanblad will assume the role on April 19, 2022, when he’ll succeed Mark Cutifani, who will retire after holding the job for nine years. Cutifani, whose tenure with the company is generally considered successful, will remain with Anglo American until June to assist with the transition.

Wanblad currently serves as Anglo American’s director of strategy and business development. Current De Beers CEO Bruce Cleaver had also been mentioned as a possible Cutifani successor.

Wanblad’s appointment had been signaled in a leak to Sky News in September.

(Image courtesy of Anglo American)

Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine

By: Rob Bates

Log Out

Are you sure you want to log out?

CancelLog out