The 2008 Centurion Show, Feb. 2 through Feb. 6, 2008, in Tucson, Ariz., will combine business and networking opportunities with entertainment events ranging from Super Bowl tailgating to stargazing.
The opening day is the show’s arrival leisure activities day with two seminars followed by a reception on the Centurion 2008 Collection floor. The Collection Floor is open: Feb. 3, 9:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. (Super Bowl Festivities begin at 4 PM); Feb. 4 and 5, 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.; and Feb. 6, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The education portion of the show is titled the “Conquering Change Conference,” focusing on the fast pace of change in the industry and how to survive–and thrive–in it. Education sessions include:
* Cutting Edge Internet: Using Your Web Site to Create Sales featuring a series of savvy Internet educators, including Jeff Pierce and Jason Thom from Von Bargen’s Jewelry and Andrew Max Link from ARTYSO.
* Secrets to Keeping Employees Happy and Productive with Gary Gordon, Samuel Gordon Jewelers, Oklahoma City.
* Triumphing Through Tough Situations with Olympic Gold Medalist Tim Daggett.
Best Sales Practices Panel with retailers Doug Bradstreet, Wynn Las Vegas; Mark Moeller, R.F. Moeller; Sean Moore, Borsheim’s; Cathy Tivol, Tivol; and moderated by Centurion President Howard Hauben.
The Power of Celebrity with In Style Magazine executive editor Martha McCully.
Meet The Expert Retailer Discussion Groups will meet during the Show, expanded from the popular retailer roundtables that are a Centurion mainstay. This year, the groups include:
* Jeff Pierce, Von Bargen’s
* Andrew Max Link, ARTYSO
* Kate Peterson, Performance Concepts LLC
* Ken Gassman, Jewelry Industry Analyst
* Jon Parker, DJP Executive Search
* Debbie Dern, DJP Executive Search
* Gary Gordon, Samuel Gordon Jewelers
* Jennifer Petersen, In Style
* Elizabeth Ross, Brown+Partners
* Cecilia Gardner, JVC
* Terry Sisco, ExSELLerate!
* Shane Decker, Ex-SELL-ence, Inc.
* Dan Askew, The Vantage Group
* Lori Askew, The Vantage Group
For entertainment, the show will close early on Feb. 3 so guests can enjoy the Super Bowl on the Collections Floor that includes an American buffet tailgating party and multiple screens.
In addition, retail jeweler John Shulan of Shulan Fairlawn Jewelers along with Centurion exhibitor Claudia Kretchmer of Steven Kretchmer Designs will serve as Centurion’s resident astronomy experts who, along with local astronomers, will lead attendees in stargazing events under the Tucson skies.
Other entertainment include a “Quadruple Comedy Competition” event featuring four up-and-coming comedians: Greg Fitzsimmons, Dom Irrera, Marla Schultz and Bob Zany, in the tradition of “Last Comic Standing!”
An outstanding Gala Night Centurion “Salsa Party,” featuring comedians Colin & Brad of “Whose Line Is It Anyway” fame along with an auction benefiting Jewelers for Children.
Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood
For more information on the 2008 Centurion Show or to inquire about an invitation, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 516-377-5909.