The Southern Jewelry Travelers Association and the Savannah College of Art and Design announced the winners of the annual student design competition.
The awards were presented at the Atlanta Jewelry Show March 6. The seventh annual competition was themed “Sublime Design” and featured four categories — rings, necklaces, bracelets, and brooches.
Bong Sang Cho won Best In Show for the Winter Night Bracelet. Sang Cho also took home first place in the bracelet category, necklace category for Night Blossom Neckpiece, and in the brooches category for Full Blossom Brooch.
Bong Sang Cho’s Winter Night Bracelet
Kristen Baird took first place in the ring category for Access Denied.
KNEELING: Marissa Devito; Caroline Lo; Seon Young Lee; Kristen Baird ; Kim Tatalik (SCAD faculty); STANDING RIGHT SIDE (L-R Back Row): Darrell Warren, Stuller, Inc, competition sponsor; Bong Sang Cho RIGHT SIDE (L-R Front Row): Aimee Petkus ;Dana Burmeister; Hsiang Ting Yen; STANDING LEFT SIDE (L-R); Jay Song and Jeannette Zuteman, SJTA Faculty; Charlene Bridges and Carol Young, SJTA (Photos courtesy of SJTA)
Other winners include:
- Second place, bracelets, Jeannette Zoleman, Fabric Bracelet
- Third place, bracelets, Kristen Baird, Beauty Revealed
- Second place, necklaces, Marissa Devito, Earth’s Treasures
- Third place, necklaces, Dana Burmeister, Untitled
- Second place, rings, Aimee Petkus, Agate Ring
- Third place, rings, Seon Young Lee, An Illusion of Preciousness
- Second place, brooches, Hsiang Ting Yen, In Bloom – Peoney
- Third place, brooches, Caroline Lo, Springing
Don’t miss a story! Subscribe to JCK’s e-newsletter here.