“A chrono is a must-have in your timepiece arsenal,” says senior art director Lance Pettiford.
1. The chunky 48mm Ben Spies Limited Edition is both stylish and affordable. (Jorg Gray, $695, jorggray.com)
2. I really love the El Primero’s cobalt blue face and matching band. (Zenith, $9,800, zenith-watches.com)
3. The square case, black face, and bronze trimmings make this a conversation—and collector’s—piece. (Gucci, $2,695, guccitimeless.com)
4. The striking red trim lends the titanium-cased Excalibur Spider Skeleton Double Flying Tourbillon a very industrial look. (Roger Dubuis, $298,500, rogerdubuis.com)
5. The Speedmaster Professional Apollo 11 45th Anniversary Limited Edition features a brushed case, black diamonds, and a sturdy military-style nylon band. (Omega, $7,700, omegawatches.com)