All but one of these companies are celebrating a stellar sales season.
1. First-half net profits at the Swatch Group soared 24.5 percent to a record $721 million. Sales were $3.9 billion, up 11 percent.
2. Sales at LVMH’s watch and jewelry division—which includes such brands as TAG Heuer, De Beers Diamond Jewellers, Dior Watches, and Chaumet—rose 30 percent for the second half of the year to $628 million; profits jumped a whopping 73 percent to $71 million.
3. Second-quarter net sales for moissanite manufacturer Charles & Colvard were $3 million, down 10 percent from last year. The company also posted a $103,000 net loss.
4. Birks & Mayors’ net sales for the first quarter of FY 2012 were $71.2 million, up 18.8 percent. Comp sales jumped 10 percent.
5. Russian diamond producer Alrosa saw a fivefold increase in net profit the first half of the year to $594 million. The average price per carat rose by 41 percent over last year.