Jewelers share their holiday best sellers with JCK:
1. “We sold firefly pendants—these are Dancing Diamond styles, but we call them Fireflies—in karat gold.”
—Brenda Burris, manager, Goldrush Jewelers, Marion, Ohio
2. “Surprisingly, we sold a lot of diamond jewelry. With the Internet and Blue Nile, we had been seeing a lot of competition. But people wanted to see it, touch, buy it.”
—Cindy Bernard, owner, Dell Williams Jewelers, Santa Cruz, Calif.
3. “Sideways crosses, infinity motifs, and diamond hoops were really popular, especially sideways crosses.”
—Michael Tish, Michael Tish Jewelers, Lincoln, Neb.
4. “We did really well with our Dancing Diamond collection that we just got in, and we sold every single piece.”
—Eden Barnett, diamond consultant, McKenzie & Smiley Jewelers, Clarksville, Tenn.
5. “Silver and diamonds were very good sellers, as were engagement rings and watches.”
—Roger Gupta, manager, Diamond Hut Jewelers, Jersey City, N.J.