JCK’s been around for 140 years. We went back into our archives and found this gem from 1965 on “40 Ways to Raise Profits.” We pulled the five most interesting tips from the following categories: Salesmanship, Inventory, Advertising, Store Efficiency, and Cost Control. They can’t still be relevant. Or can they?
- Eliminate loafing—do telephone selling.
- Look into the possibility of using a computer for inventory control.
- Refuse requests from questionable media.
- Arrange better parking facilities.
- Take a legitimate markup on all sales.