1. “In July we’re doing our first annual store golf tournament.”
—Craig Husar, Chief Romance Officer, Lyle Husar Designs, Brookfield, Wis.
2. “We began migrating our old-media advertising to new-media platforms. Over the summer we’ll get more aggressive about it.”
—Rex Mudd, owner, Marci Jewelry, Bellevue, Wash.
3. “My goal is to double the rings on my site from 170 to 340 and boost traffic to 25,000 visits per month.”
—David Nygaard, owner, David Nygaard Fine Jewelers, Chesapeake, Va.
4. “We bought an accessories boutique, The Charm. We’ll spend the summer getting it up and running.”
—Patrick Pugh, owner, Pugh’s Diamond Jewelers, Zanesville, Ohio
5. “We’ll do more on Facebook with the summer holidays. That’ll give us the opportunity to get creative social media events going.”
—Denise Chislett, marketing director, Underwood Jewelers, Jacksonville, Fla.