Move over, Marsala. The shade’s sweeter sisters—red, pink, and particularly purple—have stepped into the spotlight. In the fall collections, Anna Sui presented plenty of plum in her rich-hippie designs, and Erdem showed shimmery magenta jacquards. Meanwhile, Beyoncé just covered September’s Vogue in a lacy lilac Marc Jacobs creation. Fortunately, there’s no lack of crossover with jewelry: Amethysts, tanzanites, rubellites, and other gems are all contributing to autumn’s purple reign.
1. Tempo statement necklace in oxidized silver with lavender spinels; $15,000; David Yurman, NYC; 212-752-4255; davidyurman.com
2. Semiramis earrings with 19.82 cts. t.w. amethysts and 3.62 cts. t.w. rubies in 18k white and black gold; $6,930; Dionea Orcini Fine Jewelry, Miami Beach, Fla.; 305-982-8227; dioneaorcini.com
3. Ring with 0.43 ct. t.w. pink sapphires and 2.84 cts. t.w. amethyst in rose gold and black rhodium; $1,440; Etho Maria Haute Joaillerie, Coral Gables, Fla.; 786-369-0485; email@example.com; ethomaria.com
4. Balance of Power earrings with amethyst and diamonds in 18k gold; $4,500; Lauren Harper Collection, Chicago; 312-543-1687; laurenharpercollection.com
5. Geo collection bangle in 14k yellow gold with 6.46 ct. oval amethyst and 2.11 cts. t.w. round diamonds; $12,500; Effy, NYC; 212-944-0020; effyjewelry.com