Publicly listed jewelers’ financial results for the 2013 holiday season showed only low- to mid- single-digit growth:
1. Tiffany & Co. saw worldwide net sales rise 4 percent to $1.03 billion during November and December, while global comps rose 6 percent. Comps in the Americas rose 7 percent.
2. Zale Corp. announced a 2 percent jump in comp sales this holiday, with good growth from its Zales stores, but a drop in sales at Piercing Pagoda and Gordon’s.
3. Birks Group’s U.S. holiday comps increased 2 percent, while same-store sales at its Canadian division dropped 3 percent.
4. Pandora Group said sales at its U.S. concept stores jumped 5.5 percent during 2013.
5. Signet Jewelers’ comp sales rose 5 percent during the holiday season. Comps at Kay and Jared both grew by 5.6 percent, while same-store sales at Signet’s regional brands fell 2.3 percent.