The industry said a sad goodbye to some notables recently:
1. William Callaghan, chairman of Sterling Possessions/Thistle & Bee, died Oct. 9 in New York City after a brief illness. He was 70 years old.
2. Pat Patten, former president of the Nancy B. Corp. and MJSA board member, died Sept. 8 of Alzheimer’s disease. Patten also worked at Finlay Fine Jewelry and Miadora.com subsidiary Jewelry.com.
3. Amy Greenbaum, longtime marketing and development director for the Jewelers Vigilance Committee, died Oct. 20 after a 15-year battle with cancer.
4. Alan S. Hatoff, a 28-year veteran of the Color Merchants sales team, died Nov. 13 in Warren, N.J., at age 76.
5. Michael P. Sarp, 65, board president of Swiss watchmaker Armin Strom AG Manufacture, died Oct. 17. Sarp had been head of the board since 2010.