Before you grow your watch business, additional questions still need to be answered:
1. What age/cultural demographic groups in your marketplace are still purchasing watches, and what lines and price points are they purchasing?
2. Is the opportunity better for a niche line (a surf brand like Nixon, for example) versus the big broad lines (such as SEIKO)?
3. What demands is the line making now and what demands does it typically add on as you grow? Will it cripple your cash flow?
4. Do you have enough room for a watch collection and is the space you are considering really a good space for selling—or is it a remote, dark corner?
5. How are you going to launch the line and support it with marketing?
Source: BIG Buying Group Director Johanna Trotter